Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darryl
    replied
    Horizontal Surface Deficiency- got an extra 20 sq ft last week by going multi-level. Those drawers are working out great- I was able to put enough stuff away (including the 1115 pc drill bit set) that I can almost see another bench top. I used EMLS* in another room, and that worked out too. I need to become more familiar with TTFCO*. Used together, I think I'll be able to get a glimpse of the saw table again.

*extended multi-level storage
    *throw that freakin crap out

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    I have spent years fighting HSD. I finally came to the conclusion that there is no cure. Never enough hours in the day and every time I get started, my wife needs something. Conclusion: Shops should not be at home.

Leave a comment:

• Jerrythepilot
    replied
    It’s Horizontal Surface Deficiency, it comes from needing a bigger shop. 98 percent of machinists and wood workers suffer from it, the number is higher if you do both.

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    Originally posted by jmm03 View Post
    I knew a Polish guy named "LCAAFSTSCANOWKWII" once...
    Ha. My mother's Dad was a Klements (which came Klementski in the old country). I had the same thought when I typed that.

Leave a comment:

• jmm03
    replied
    I knew a Polish guy named "LCAAFSTSCANOWKWII" once...

Leave a comment:

• Erich
    replied
    Horizontal Surface Derangement

Leave a comment:

• danlb
    replied
    Home Shop Discipline. That's that mythic ability to have a place for everything and everything in it's place. I was doing well in that arena until I added machining to my repertoire. The extra tool chests were bulky enough, but the H/Z bandsaw, 9 inch lathe and knee mill just sucked up the last of my free space.

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    Originally posted by 754 View Post
    Not getting the S part ..
    Already answered, but here it is again.

HSD = Exacerbated highly infectious affliction related to planar objects orient in a perpendicular fashion relative to local gravity noted by growing piles of irregular (and sometimes regular) shaped objects rendering the planar objects ineffective at their intended purpose.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Not getting the S part ..

Leave a comment:

• PStechPaul
    replied
    Home Shop Disorder?...

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    'The only thing I could come up with is: horizontal surface disorder based on the context in the original post. Do I win a prize?
    DING DING DING! Well close enough and probably a more accurate label of the affliction.

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    for those of us that are acronymally challenged WTF does HSD mean?
    Already answered, but here it is again.
    HSD = Exacerbated highly infectious affliction related to planar objects orient in a perpendicular fashion relative to local gravity noted by growing piles of irregular (and sometimes regular) shaped objects rendering the planar objects ineffective at their intended purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    Originally posted by LKeithR View Post

You're not a dick. If you're like me you're completely baffled by what HSD means. Another useless thread...
    And another useless post. Two now as this one just points out the last one.

Leave a comment:

• LKeithR
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    I can't help from being a dlck, but I mean no harm.

-D
    You're not a dick. If you're like me you're completely baffled by what HSD means. Another useless thread...

Leave a comment:

• mklotz
    replied
    One of the Acronym Finder's...

https://www.acronymfinder.com/HSD.html

meanings for HSD is...

Hypoactive Sexual Desire

Just saying...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X