Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something is not right with the forum and I.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is not right with the forum and I.

Many times when I open the forum in my Firefox browser but not log in and then open a topic that has a picture in the OP and then when I log in the picture and the link to the picture are not there. Before I log in there is a box with the attachment that says click here. I know if I am not logged in that doesn't work. So I don't click that but log in. Then there is no evidence of a picture either inserted or attached.

Have any of you all had this happen? I have even cleared my browser cache when closing or after I have closed Firefox still no picture. I tried edge and it does the same.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Try clearing your cache

Comment

FireFux is the problem. That's all there is to it. It's so full of patches, one fix causes 10 more problems The only thing worse is Google-Chrome and M$-wEdge using YOUR USE of the PC to increase their customer's (advertisers) presents. Be careful what you store on your PC. M$ now makes it all accessible.

Comment

Same thing with Chrome about 90% of the time.. I just log on and the pics appear.
        S E Michigan

Comment

There has been a recent thread on this and related subjects. I use edge and Firefox, and neither will show pictures unless logged in. This is a serious fault with the design of the forum which can only put off casual visitors from bothering to come back for a second look.

Comment

I have noticed that MOST of them do not show the pics unless you are a logged-in member. I get a notice saying that you must be a member to do that, or similar.

Usually, the thumbnail is visible, but you get the "you must be a member" message if you click on it.

Obviously that is absolutely nothing to do with Firefox, which has , frankly, worked perfectly for over a decade for me.

Anyone who finds Firefox to be a problem should likely clear all the various malware, viruses, etc off their computer and try again. probably their computer is so loaded with garbage that it can barely run.
            Last edited by J Tiers; 07-01-2020, 11:41 AM.
            CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
            Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
            Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
            I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
            Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

On this forum several months ago, someone suggested a browser called "Pale Moon". It is like Firefox without all "new features and seems really solid!! It is one of my most used browsers after the latest version of Firefox, 77.0.1. There are a couple of tweaks that I added to Firefox, one was to get the tabs under the menu bars. Give Pale Moon a try.
              Peter
              Grantham, New Hampshire

Comment

I simply always stay logged in, no issues at all with the forum's features whatsoever. Plus I don't have to repeatedly log in every time I check in here to see what's new. This adds up as I routinely check in here up to a half dozen times daily if I'm home or not involved in a major project.
                Is there a reason to log out?
                Maybe my situation is less complicated than those of others.

Happily running Windows 7 and Firefox on the shop PC,..............well for the most part anyway. LOL
                Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

This ^^^^^^^^

Same as what I do, only this computer has Window$ 10 on it.
                  CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                  Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                  Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                  I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                  Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                    I have noticed that MOST of them do not show the pics unless you are a logged-in member. I get a notice saying that you must be a member to do that, or similar.

Usually, the thumbnail is visible, but you get the "you must be a member" message if you click on it.

Obviously that is absolutely nothing to do with Firefox, which has , frankly, worked perfectly for over a decade for me.

Anyone who finds Firefox to be a problem should likely clear all the various malware, viruses, etc off their computer and try again. probably their computer is so loaded with garbage that it can barely run.
                    Same here, it works just fine. I keep my system pretty clean though. Easy to do with UNIX.
                    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by CPeter View Post
                      On this forum several months ago, someone suggested a browser called "Pale Moon". It is like Firefox without all "new features and seems really solid!! It is one of my most used browsers after the latest version of Firefox, 77.0.1. There are a couple of tweaks that I added to Firefox, one was to get the tabs under the menu bars. Give Pale Moon a try.
                      Peter
                      +1 for Pale Moon, I have been using it for years.
                      http://www.palemoon.org/

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                        FireFux is the problem. That's all there is to it. It's so full of patches, one fix causes 10 more problems The only thing worse is Google-Chrome and M$-wEdge using YOUR USE of the PC to increase their customer's (advertisers) presents. Be careful what you store on your PC. M$ now makes it all accessible.

Firefox is not a problem. It works well with any website that adheres to the standards. I've been using it for years on several different PCs and laptops. If you have problems with chrome, edge and firefox too it may be your specific installation or choice of OS.

Dan
                        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Probably PEBKAC
                          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

PEBKAC, that's my problem! Actually the forum has been working for me from XP media edition up to/thru Windows 10 Upgrade. Google Chrome browser, got rid of MS Explorer few years back. I do use CCleaner. Support forum with magazine subscription, got a lot of good stuff and advice from forum.
                            PEBKAC, just a little bit more and it will be ... Not perfect, I may need a smaller part someday box.
                            JFLingg
                            JFLingg @ 25 miles east of Colorado Springs, Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

Same here, it works just fine. I keep my system pretty clean though. Easy to do with UNIX.
                              I try to keep my system clean also. I use CCleaner Professional to clean cookies and most everything off and out of the cache. Maybe I am doing it wrong or not correctly. Is there another cache besides the browser cache that needs to be emptied? I downloaded and installed Palemoon and it did the same thing.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X