X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coremark Metals discount code

Coremark Metals 25% discount code for July 7-13th july25

https://www.coremarkmetals.com/

No affiliation, I've bought from them in the past, generally good prices on Brass Aluminum and Stainless. Brass shapes, select the full stick and cut in half boxes for the best price and shipping.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Thanks. Maybe on some things. When I saw your post I thought, "Wow! 25% off. I would sure love to have some larger brass round and brass hex laying around." So off to their website I went. I punched in a piece of 1-1/2in 360 bass round and was a little stunned by the price. $595.27. "Wow!" I thought, "That seems like a lot. Still 25% off might make it worth while. Hmmm that's still $446.45" Still seemed like a lot for a stock piece of bar to me. ."I wonder what regular price is at Midwest. Oh, still expensive, but I don't have to wait for a sale. Just buy it when I need it. $376.55." .

Now I know that reads kind of snotty so I have to ask. Which types of stock is Coremark most competitive on? Which ones would the 25% off coupon really pay on? Lots of metal vendors out there do have one or two lines they move a lot of and can be competitive on. Which are those for Coremark?
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

FYI: The 25% discount does make them cheaper than McMaster.
      *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
        Thanks. Maybe on some things. When I saw your post I thought, "Wow! 25% off. I would sure love to have some larger brass round and brass hex laying around." So off to their website I went. I punched in a piece of 1-1/2in 360 bass round and was a little stunned by the price. $595.27. "Wow!" I thought, "That seems like a lot. Still 25% off might make it worth while. Hmmm that's still $446.45" Still seemed like a lot for a stock piece of bar to me. ."I wonder what regular price is at Midwest. Oh, still expensive, but I don't have to wait for a sale. Just buy it when I need it. $376.55." .

Now I know that reads kind of snotty so I have to ask. Which types of stock is Coremark most competitive on? Which ones would the 25% off coupon really pay on? Lots of metal vendors out there do have one or two lines they move a lot of and can be competitive on. Which are those for Coremark?
        Smaller Brass, larger Aluminum, it's hit and miss and also depends on ship and cut charges. Coremark will chop a 12' stick in half for free and ship it Fedex ground, Midwest charges for the chop.

I always shop around on everything, because sometimes the guys you least expect will have the best price. Oddly enough about 25% of the time McMaster beats them all when factoring in shipping. I'll add one caveat to that though, Midwest and McMaster have both supplied me with sub-par material on occasion. Mac send me some cold finished flatbar with \mill edges and Midwest just sent me some 4-1/2" stainless bar that had a pretty good sized inclusion in the side that I had to grind out and weld up before I could use it.
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

One thing to note is that if you order "plate" from anybody unless you are ordering the entire plate you will get saw cut edges. I made that mistake once or twice when I thought I was ordering bar.

Comment

Working...
          X