off topic remy new health situation Alistair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off topic remy new health situation Alistair

Ok guys just a few days after being back in hospital for about fourteen days. Well I was in with my computer and quietly muttering to myself Bronwen my wife of 50 years was asking if everything was ok but seemingly I was away with it.That morning with an emergency ferry around 130 in the morning was rushed off to emergency room and eventually ( I don't remember all this) given an immediate Gall bladder exploratory and then the surgeons decided to remove my Gall bladder two days later they gave me a talk or the one surgeon did .He said unusually no gall stones found but a black slimy form of sludge permeated the complete organ..Well they told me it was cancer. I asked how long I had suggesting 5 years as I was only 69 on may 19 th a few months ago ,he frowned but said little more . On leaving the hospital he asked me to hand a large red folder to my doctor as Alistair my son had to come collect me as they had no transport available at the hospital Today my own doctor telephoned me re the folder then he kept looking through it for a portion made out to him. He and I are great friends, he is truly like a brother to me.He just said again and again three times Oh, no,no, Alistair it is not good news, then he seemed to indicate the tumour had invaded very widely spreading to the liver and pancreas, That good friend started crying and he said repeatedly I'm sorry Alistair .I told him he was one of my very good pals and he apologised for crying saying he was worried for ME AND BRON. I have to see the oncologist Wednesday and she will take all into account but what was said was if it had been caught earlier etc etc, so it was also eluded that it will be less than a year. I will tell you guys what she says Wednesday when I return from hospital oncologist appointment . Some of you may remember I had very severe pancreatitis about 21 years ago aged 48..I don't fear dying because of my very strong spiritual beliefs where I believe in the separation of body and soul or body and consciousness. Hopefully I will get answers to any questions I ask. best brotherly love and kindness in the meantime Kindest regards Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

{hugs} from a distant land

Comment

Wishing you the best. . .
      Cheers,

Frank Ford
      HomeShopTech

Comment

Sorry to hear Alistair

Comment

Good luck to you Alistair.
          I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Well dang Alistair, why did you go and do that? Best wishes, will be thinking of you.
            George
            Traverse City, MI

Comment

Hello, Alistair. Thank you for sharing both your situation and your faith. I believe as you do that physical death is more a 'going home' than anything. My brother, in a similar situation told me that knowing its coming soon is actually quite liberating. There are many things that one just doesn't need to worry about any more! You love your wife and family and you let them know it. It will be well with you.
              Southwest Utah

Comment

So sorry to hear that Alistair. I hope it's an easy time for you.
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Stay Strong ...

FU*K CANCER
                  John Titor, when are you.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Alistair. I suppose there is always some hope for remission, but otherwise I think it's important to just proceed with the best attitude possible, and avoid long-term suffering. I sometimes think about what I would do with such news, and if I'd go on a mad quest to complete a "bucket list". But I think the best any of us can do is help others who are near and dear to us. I don't think we can "take it with us", including any personal enjoyment or satisfaction, except that which we share with others who will be left behind when we go. Best wishes...
                    http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                    Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                    USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Sorry to hear that Alistair, we're thinking about you.
                      in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Alistair, you are a man of faith and by sharing your experience have provided encouragement and light. Perhaps we'll meet someday. Bless you brother.
                        S E Michigan

Comment

This is bitter news for all of us here, Alistair. Mere words, at times like this, always seem so inadequate. But know this: behind those words are genuine feelings of love and compassion.

Over the years groups like this become much like a family, with a closeness developing among members, just as in a family, through good and bad times, with occasional squabbles thrown in just for fun. Your contribution to the camaraderie here has always led the way, and earned you the love and respect of us all. God bless you Alistair!
                          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                            This is bitter news for all of us here, Alistair. Mere words, at times like this, always seem so inadequate. But know this: behind those words are genuine feelings of love and compassion.

Over the years groups like this become much like a family, with a closeness developing among members, just as in a family, through good and bad times, with occasional squabbles thrown in just for fun. Your contribution to the camaraderie here has always led the way, and earned you the love and respect of us all. God bless you Alistair!
                            I can't say anything better than this Alistair, have strength and hope for the best! you are an old soul, you will be back!
                            Phil, UK
                            Man who say it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Comment

Many Thanks guys seem to be having trouble signing in etc We,love you all,wait till Wednesday evening then will have more news. But not good I am afraid Alistair
                              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                              X