Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Angle Close Quarters Deburring Tool

That's It.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

I like that!

Comment

30 years old and unbranded, but still have a couple NIB. The handles extend ~4”, iirc.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AWS View Post
        30 years old and unbranded, but still have a couple NIB. The handles extend ~4”, iirc.
        The handle looks like a Shaviv Classic.
        https://www.amazon.com/SHAVIV-29065-.../dp/B003JY7L2Y

I didn't know that they could do this. I just checked mine, and the smaller B size has the side hole. The larger E handles do not have it. Thanks, you taught me something new and useful today
        Click image for larger version  Name:	412k9IWrY-L.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	1886117
        Last edited by pinstripe; 07-11-2020, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Yes to that red one.. Shaviv......... been using that side hole for decades when the need arises..

Comment

Well son of a bitch - I just looked and 3 out of my 4 larger deburring tools have the side hole. Red handles, probably Shaviv purchased from Enco, and they retain the blade via the ball quite nicely.
            I left the blade in the side hole on one of them, because I am confident I will forget about this the next time I have a need!
            My favorite one is a Royal brand, and it doesn't have the side holes.
            Thanks guys!

Comment

Funny. I looked before deciding to make one.
              *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
                Funny. I looked before deciding to make one.
                Understandable. Joel and I didn't even know we had one.

Comment

Its like the feeling I had when I found out my lathe could cut threads....

Comment

No. My commercially made deburring tools definitely do not have a right angle capability. I looked online for right angle deburring tool and I looked online for close-quarters deburring tool and did not find one. I decided to make one, because I needed one. Sheesh!

It's like you guys don't want people to share the tools they make.

It is a bit heavy, but I had pretty much planned on it being a single used tool. Later on I might cut it in half drill it out so it's hollow and thread the halves back together.
                    Last edited by Bob La Londe; 07-11-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Bob we do like seeing things people make, and how they work out an idea.
                      sometimes it's good to ask on here before you proceed, maybe you just never encountered it yet, but others have.

one thing I strongly suggest if you have not done it.. try to attend a tradeshow now and then.. it's a learning experience. You may see this in a demo from the factory or other great ideas, some which may be very handy.. and you will see a lot of stuff that is out of your economic universe, or you may never need. But it's good to see what is out there..

Comment

Never once looked at these tools in depth? https://www.vargus.com/industrial-holders

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                          Well son of a bitch - I just looked and 3 out of my 4 larger deburring tools have the side hole. Red handles, probably Shaviv purchased from Enco, and they retain the blade via the ball quite nicely.
                          I left the blade in the side hole on one of them, because I am confident I will forget about this the next time I have a need!
                          My favorite one is a Royal brand, and it doesn't have the side holes.
                          Thanks guys!
                          My red-handled-from-Enco Shavivs don't have the side hole - but they're pretty basic/minimalist ...

Comment

I really need to get the sheet metal deburring tool.
                            the one I thought that was cool is the inside of the hole but the backside.......tool.. a bit slender, break easy.. pricey, but oh so handy.. the B 60 at bottom of page .
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 754; 07-14-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tlfamm View Post
                              My red-handled-from-Enco Shavivs don't have the side hole - but they're pretty basic/minimalist ...
                              Go figure. Mine look like the ones in posts 3 and 4 and apparently they (now) call these the 'Classic B' style - pictures I just found online all showed the hole. Of mine, one is a genuine Shaviv and the other 2 look to be unbranded Enco clones (probably purchased around 2000), and all of them have the side holes.

Comment

Working...
                              X