How to post photos here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to post photos here

What am I missing- this site does host photos now, does it not?
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

this one shows the body of the blow gun with a threaded part coming out of it. Then it shows the thing together. And that's my spray booth.

Can't really tell from the pics, but the air valve seat is pressed into the exposed end of that threaded part. The ball that seats in it is secured inside the nozzle. The blue is heat shrink, two layers. Don't freak out about how I secured the hose to the body- there's barbs there, like any fitting, but the 'hose clamp' is pretty redneck. It's just string, wrapped tightly and soaked in crazy glue, then sanded up a bit.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by darryl; 07-24-2020, 10:16 PM.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Click in the right order and it's easy- here's a few more. The cabinet of long, skinny drawers. That's one end, the other end is full of knobs as well. The gap in there is for a slide-out where I will keep drawings, and charts. Second pic shows one drawer partly open- that's about 1/3 of the way open, the drawers are 4 ft long.

Click image for larger version  Name:	drawers.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.51 MB ID:	1888745Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0784.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	1888746
      Last edited by darryl; 07-24-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

A very fuzzy image of the depth gauge I adapted to measure drill bit diameter. And there's a picture of the air dryer I just made.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0786.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	1888748Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0787.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	1888749
        Last edited by darryl; 07-24-2020, 10:00 PM.

Comment

There used to be a sticky for the old way to do it, but George removed it and it has not yet been updated. There are many threads on how to do it, and you can also go through this for some ideas:

https://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/fo...e-site-upgrade
          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

I failed to use 'upload attachments'. I clicked on 'image' instead- I was looking for 'upload images'. But now that I see how to do it, it's easy. Here's another pic Click image for larger version

Name:	flexible coupling.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	1888752

this shows my home made flexible coupling that drives the fans in the booth with an external motor.

Comment

I uploaded this image from my computer by clicking "Image" and then choosing "Upoad" and "Send to Server". Then I have a choice of size and location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	masks-065689bd82c354bdb6c95a4566cc2586.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1888762
              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Ok, I can see my way through that. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	1888768 Here's another image from inside my spray booth- that's a hinged door just to the left and in front of the power bar. I can close that to protect the power bar from overspray if I need to.

Comment

I could be mistaken, but I thought I could use the arrow keys to advance thru multiple pics. When I click on your pics they open in a new tab, with no option to step forward or backward.

Anybody else see this, or am I thinking of a different forum?

Comment

It depends on how you insert the photos in your post. I place them in free space between lines of text, or just sequentially, and usually large or medium size, so there is no need to click on pictures to see details. I think, perhaps, if you just attach the photos, but do not insert them, they will appear as thumbnails which must be opened. I'm not going to bother trying other things to achieve the (undesirable) behavior. I say my way is better, and I'm sticking to it!
                    USA Maryland 21030

Comment

I just automatically chose 'medium', and on my screen at least, it give a good size to post at. You do have all the options as to size, where each pic goes, etc. I just put a few words of text, then added a pic and let it fall where it may, then repeat. I usually go back and edit after posting, just so I can put the text where it makes sense to. And of course that doesn't always work out right either.

Comment

bla bla

Name:	0 001.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	1888952Click image for larger version

Views:	98
ID:	1888953Click image for larger version

Views:	111
ID:	1888954Click image for larger version

Views:	90
ID:	1888955Click image for larger version

Views:	94
ID:	1888956

Comment

bla bla

Name:	0 004.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	1888958Click image for larger version

Name:	0 004.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	1888959
                          bla bla

Comment

everytime i click on the size the pic reproduces.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too. Software is still a bit buggy, but at least it mostly works.
                              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Working...
                              X