Modification Of Drill Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification Of Drill Index

I bought this Huot index several years ago. Actually I bought a couple of them probably when someone had a special on them. One I bought for my jobber length reamers and this one was supposed to be for screw machine or stub length drill bits that I planned on buying on an as need basis or several of them when someone ran a special.
    So just the other day I took it out of it's original box and found out it's not the one for stub length drill bits.
    Well, only way I'll be able to use it would be to add a shelf or ledge for the shorter drills to sit on.
    This could be as simple as riveting a small bar of aluminum in each of the racks or even a piece of plastic cut to the proper size.

I did call the company and they said if I could find the receipt where I bought it from they would replace it but would have to go through the store.

Any thoughts??

JL.................

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200725-123725.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	1888834

Get a tube of the epoxy repair putty used for repairing leaking pipes. Tear off a piece, knead and roll into a sausage shape. Stick it into the bottom of each index wing and shape as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank K View Post
      Get a tube of the epoxy repair putty used for repairing leaking pipes. Tear off a piece, knead and roll into a sausage shape. Stick it into the bottom of each index wing and shape as needed.
      Or cut some little pieces of wood, trimming and sanding until they fit just right, then epoxy or rivet them in place.
      Or bend some aluminum and rivet in place.

Pretty cool problem to have, Joe.

metalmagpie

Comment

Working...
      X