No announcement yet.

one more technique for dealing with slivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When all else fails, leave it in. As it gets infected, it will eventually slide right out in the pus blob. Works reliably, if perhaps a bit of a mess.
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

if you use dmso it wont infect and comes out anyway.

Comment

A little off topic but... A friend of mind filled his eye with metal bits grinding without eye protection. The ophthalmologist got some of them out

but he continued to be in a lot of pain. So I gave him my magnet from an old hard drive. After a quick application of alcohol, he lightly pressed it againt

his cornea. It came off full of little metal bits. After a few applications, he was pain free.
        VitŮŽria, Brazil

Comment

Those are powerful magnets --- never used them for sliver extraction but will keep in mind although I do more SS than iron/steel so might not help sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by AD5MB View Post
            I get them in the foot. 90 year old wood floors. you have to be a contortionist.

in the hand, exacto knife and a magnifying light
            The aging joints would never let me manage that. I'm thinking that a USB camera/microscope rig would be a handy thing to have for that sort of thing. I can reach down to the sole of my foot but I can't bend around well enough to see what I'd need to see.

For stuff in the hand the magnifying hood I bought a few years back has come in very handy.
            Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X