Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is a credit score?

Comment

It's called a FICA score & rates a # to how much you borrow & how you pay it back. It has nothing to do with how much money you have, how much property you own. Many people worship at the alter of FICA. I could care less, everything I own I own & use a 1870 one location bank, don't borrow money so I could give a damn.

Comment

Good old Bankrupt of America....I have been calling them that since We the People bailed them out during the financial crisis 10 years ago....

Comment

It will be interesting to learn what the explanation letter says. My wife has a BOA card but we also have other accounts with them so I really doubt that her card is at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatling View Post
            It's called a FICA score & rates a # to how much you borrow & how you pay it back. It has nothing to do with how much money you have, how much property you own. Many people worship at the alter of FICA. I could care less, everything I own I own & use a 1870 one location bank, don't borrow money so I could give a damn.
            interesting reading. im surprised this info is publicly available. or do you apply for a rating and supply the info? probably not.

Comment

I have heard of BOA not doing business with firearms related businesses. Don't know if this policy extends to individuals. I have considered closing out my accounts with them for this reason however they are one of the most convenient banks in my area. Still on the fence about them. Another local bank is merging with a well respected local bank, when they complete this merge I may consider again. Anyway are you one of those "undesirables" who has guns?

Comment

While I do not like bad mouthing a company as whole, especially since I was never a customer or ever worked there. The place I work at x company hired a bunch of ex BOA people who hold themselves in high regard and cream of the crop in their old place. If any of that was true that place is a rat shack. RUN away as far as possible from them. Clueless, incompetent and malicious are the three words to describe their cream of the crop.

12x16" Delta 3d printer (Built from scratch)
                Logan 825 - work in progress
                My Blog - http://engineerd3d.ddns.net/
                Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVY...view_as=public
                Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/engineerd3d/?hl=en

Comment

"Anyway are you one of those "undesirables" who has guns?" So, if you have guns, you're undesirable? After the Lost-party fascists get rid of all the police departments, who's going to protect YOUR butt?

Comment

Originally posted by engineerd3d View Post
                    While I do not like bad mouthing a company as whole, especially since I was never a customer or ever worked there. The place I work at x company hired a bunch of ex BOA people who hold themselves in high regard and cream of the crop in their old place. If any of that was true that place is a rat shack. RUN away as far as possible from them. Clueless, incompetent and malicious are the three words to describe their cream of the crop.
                    An even worse place, having bought Merrill Lynch after the company tanked and most of the better investment people left.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                      "Anyway are you one of those "undesirables" who has guns?" So, if you have guns, you're undesirable? After the Lost-party fascists get rid of all the police departments, who's going to protect YOUR butt?
                      Maybe you should take that up with the bank of america, because that seems to be their policy is what the other guy is saying.
                      As for myself, I know how "law and order" really works in this country. It doesn't. That is why I'm a law-abiding citizen who votes, pays taxes, and owns guns. The cops aren't gonna protect you from anything. Instead, they'll probably strangle or shoot you, and get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dian View Post
                        interesting reading. im surprised this info is publicly available. or do you apply for a rating and supply the info? probably not.
                        It's not public info. It is computed by the three credit rating companies in the US for use by credit providers.

Originally posted by wdtom44 View Post
                        Anyway are you one of those "undesirables" who has guns?
                        Yes, I am, but BoA doesn't know it.

As for BoA not doing business with firearms companies, I can't wait until one of them sues BoA because of their policy. Since they are a bank and participate in the US banking system, they have NO LEGAL GROUNDS for not doing business with a business selling a LEGAL product. If they persist, then they should be BANNED FROM GETTING LOANS FROM THE FEDERAL RESERVE. Banks often use these loans to maintain the required CASH-ON-HAND. This makes BoA basically "taxpayer supported". Without these overnight loans, BoA will have to massively scale back their operations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lew Hartswick View Post
                          Sure am glad we have a Discover Card. We've had it for over 30 years and had great service. ti's been comprised two or three times over that time and always stopped and new one issued promptly. About those "Credit Ratings", always been up among the 800 numbers and no loans or mortgages for so many years I can't remember (well over the 30 years) So I don't think that has any bearing on it. :-) The BoA fiasco is just another reason to drop all those mailings from them in the Recycle Bin on the way to the house from the mail box. :-)
                          ...lew...
                          +1 on Discover. I too have used them at least 30 years and maybe longer. As for credit rating numbers, I called Transunion and asked why my rating wasn't higher than the 800's and was told it was because I have had no debt history since the 1980's. Apparently, paying off your mortgage early, not financing vehicles, and paying your credit card bill every month is bad thing if you want a 9 or higher credit score.
                          “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

According to my Discover card statement, 850 is the highest rating. Mine dipped to a low of 794 last year, but now it's 843.
                            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by wdtom44 View Post
                              I have heard of BOA not doing business with firearms related businesses.
                              LoL! Thats not true. Dont know where you heard it.

From 89-99 I had a Arms business. Lots of guns being bought and sold and I used BOFA for that business. Fully licensed business. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                                . As for credit rating numbers, I called Transunion and asked why my rating wasn't higher than the 800's and was told it was because I have had no debt history since the 1980's. Apparently, paying off your mortgage early, not financing vehicles, and paying your credit card bill every month is bad thing if you want a 9 or higher credit score.

From Experian: FICO®Scores are used by many lenders, and often range from 300 to 850. A FICO®Score of 670 or above is considered a good credit score, while a score of 800 or above is considered exceptional.

So there's no way to get a score higher than 850. A score of 781 to 850 is considered "excellent". I can assure you that your score will not suffer if you pay off your mortgage early, avoid financing vehicles, and pay your credit card bill every month. I did all of the above and have an excellent (830) credit rating.

Dan
                                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X