No announcement yet.

OT: Electrical Connector ID

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: Electrical Connector ID

    Doing some repairs on the garden tractor. Anyone know what this style of connector is called? I've seen these on farm equipment for years but I've never seen a name for them.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	462.6 KB
ID:	1889904

    Central Ohio, USA

  • #2
    You could start with "Molex" but I typically don't try to match those connectors. They're too expensive for one-off replacement. You can get connector sets with 1-6 slots pretty cheap. I keep a couple of kits around for odds and ends. I'm working on a tractor and most of those connectors are DOA or MIA. The previous owner cut all the wires to the dash and installed auto meters. The kits are helping a lot since I can group the wires by functions.


    • #3
      Yep, Molex. Much like the old style alternator and wiring harness plugs from the 60's and 70's. The newer style weather proof connectors that GM and Ford use is called "WeatherPak". They have those little green accordion-bellows things around the prongs.
      25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA