Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do "likes" on this site actually work? (not asking if you like the "likes".)

Originally posted by dian View Post
    Work? Work for what? I did not know they were employees.
    Thank you. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Works but nobody uses them as they are new feature in the new bbs software.

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
        Works but nobody uses them as they are new feature in the new bbs software.
        Thanks for putting me in my place. I guess I'm a nobody now because I occasionally use the "like".😀

Comment

I've used it once or twice if something is particular "cute". :-)
          ...lew...

Comment

None of the buttons work for me. Can't even turn the page on the bottom buttons. Some security fascist thinks this site needs "TLS 1.2, AES with 128 bit encryption (High); ECDH_P256 with 256 bit exchange" on the buttons. Just another ploy to get everyone on privacy destroying Windoze 10. My PC won't run it and I'm not buying a new one.

Comment

When I clicked the "like" button on the OP it incremented from 4 to 5 likes, when I clicked "unlike" it decremented back to 4. So I "liked" it again leaving the counter at 5.

Comment

Yes, but I think it depends on the version of the software -- on my very old iPad the site barely works at all, it won't go to the next page or do "likes" or anything else. But on my completely up-to-date desktop all of the forum features work perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                  None of the buttons work for me. Can't even turn the page on the bottom buttons. Some security fascist thinks this site needs "TLS 1.2, AES with 128 bit encryption (High); ECDH_P256 with 256 bit exchange" on the buttons. Just another ploy to get everyone on privacy destroying Windoze 10. My PC won't run it and I'm not buying a new one.
                  You old fart pony up and buy a computer from this century!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

This board has a filter on it to keep Swiss people from expressing their opinion. You could start a movement. SLM.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                      There are buttons?

Comment

where can i see my 5 likes?

Comment

where can i see my 5 likes?
                          It's up to 9 now. Don't you have a line at the bottom of each post that says "edit quote flag like [0]" ?

-js
                          There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

I think, at least at one time, likes were showing in your notifications - at the top of the page.

EDIT: You have to check "likes to post" in the user settings under notifications to get notified of your "likes".
                            Last edited by polaraligned; 08-10-2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I have 3 likes, beer, guns and ti##. Not necessarily in that order.

Comment

Working...
                              X