Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Metro Detroit question - industrial salvage source - similar to HGR in Ohio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Metro Detroit question - industrial salvage source - similar to HGR in Ohio?

This question is directed a people who might know who the current industrial salvage dealers are in the Metro Detroit area. Back in the early '90s Horn Machinery in Roseville was my go to source for stuff (such as a mystery steady rest that I adapted to my Clausing). I now need to acquire a steady (and maybe also a follow) rest for my new to me Summit 1440 lathe. Ideally this is a place where I can go wander around in - might find something else I did not know I needed/wanted.
    Metro Detroit

BTT - anybody have some suggestions? Or who to avoid?
    Metro Detroit

Comment

Those I knew about closed years ago. Like yourself, I miss them. Closest I know of now is Small Tools in Cleveland.

Comment

Rickyb: Thanks for posting. I was hoping there was an undiscovered/unknown to me source in the area. I am ready to go scrounging - want/need a steady rest for my new to me 1440 lathe and would not mind finding a 10 hp motor to turn my static into a rotary.

Originally posted by rickyb View Post
        Those I knew about closed years ago. Like yourself, I miss them. Closest I know of now is Small Tools in Cleveland.
        Metro Detroit

Comment

Originally posted by rickyb View Post
          Small Tools is just a mile from HGR. Easy access to both from US 90 East at exit 182A.

You could look at T&S Tool at Holland Ohio (Toledo) which is also near Yoder Machinery.
          Mike
          Central Ohio, USA

Comment

Working...
          X