Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. Red Bars Below Members Query

What exactly do they denote ?
    Some members have less some have more and some of the members with less bars have more posts !
    Just curious , Thanks

Beaver County Alberta Canada

Energy level like Legend of Zelda
    DZER

Comment

It is tied to how many 'Likes' your posts get - the more likes, the more bars. Here is a recent thread about likes:
      https://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/fo.../1891763-likes

I personally think it means little, and an 'unlike' button should likewise also be present, at least. It tends to reward people for posting a lot, and obviously people like John Stevenson (who is no longer with us) will never have a good 'reputation score', despite his extreme credibility. Lots of other people who are very knowledgeable and skilled don't post enough to generate the opportunities to get those red bars, so IMHO, they are misleading to people new to the forum or who find the posts by Googling.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by redlee View Post
          What exactly do they denote ?
          Some members have less some have more and some of the members with less bars have more posts !
          Just curious , Thanks

Red, have you noticed that if you hover your cursor over the red bar you get vbulletin's assessment of your "reputation"? You seem to be a "jewel in the rough".

When this iteration of vbulletin was installed I talked with George Bulliss about the silly "reputation" thing - he said he'd tried and was unable to disable it.

I've read, but never seen an example, that some forums have a "dislike" button as well as the "like". This has led, so I've read, to "reputations" like "can only try to improve".

I'm sure George will never implement a "dislike" button. Really.

BTW, welcome aboard.

-js
          Last edited by Jim Stewart; 08-22-2020, 10:19 PM.
          There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

When I hover the cursor over them it says "reputation beyond repute" I don't think it has anything to do with likes. I don't believe any of my posts have any likes.

JL..............

Comment

I wondered what the heck those were too. Found this after a few minutes looking:

https://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/he...unt_reputation

TLDR: Yes it has to do with likes. The more you get from other members the higher your "reputation."

Comment

how stupid must the developers be to think other people are stupid enough to like stupid stuff like the stupid reputation stupidity?

and sorry to everybody i removed reputation from by randomly clicking on the graph. reputation power be with all of you!
                Last edited by dian; 08-23-2020, 03:44 AM.

Comment

I see orange. maybe I'm color blonde?

Comment

Thanks again.

Comment

(..... "reputation beyond repute" ....)
                      Hmm..., wonder how that works. Seems like an oxymoron to me.
                      Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I don't see any "bars" and this whole site has become about worthless. There doesn't seem to be any way to go to the last page of multiple page posts without many clicks, there is no longer "where" a poster is, etc. etc.
                        ...lew...

Comment

this works for me. klick on blue double arrow on far right for last post. click on name on the left and location comes up.

Comment

thanks for the like.

Comment

i "have a brilliant future". lol.. Damn, need to stop playing with fireworks

Comment

Working...
                              X