SB 10k gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB 10k gearing

My gearing seems to be working fine but I don’t think this is the original or correct gearing. Can anyone identify the replacement parts?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Is that by chance the 100/127 tooth metric transpose gears?

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
      Is that by chance the 100/127 tooth metric transpose gears?
      No, those would be bigger in diameter.
      25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

IIRC the middle gear should be 80 tooth and the gearbox gear should be 56 tooth.

Comment

The large gear in the middle is 80 I believe and the larger of the two (engaged) gear on gear box is 56.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill135 View Post
            The large gear in the middle is 80 I believe and the larger of the two (engaged) gear on gear box is 56.
            should be OK then, that is the correct factory gearing. The other (smaller) gear should have 40 teeth -- it is used only with the top row of threads listed on the gear box chart. If you swap the 40 in, it speeds up the lead screw relative to the spindle. Otherwise it stays bolted on where it is, along for the ride just as a way to store it -- acting as a spacer.

Theoretically you could put any gear in there and do a lot of math to get some really weird custom ratios and screw threads. The 40 and the 56 cover all the common threads listed on the box.
            Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 08-30-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Not original or "correct" sell it immediatley even if it works fine.
              "Correct" and original parts are more important then function.

Comment

Originally posted by Bented View Post
                Not original or "correct" sell it immediatley even if it works fine.
                "Correct" and original parts are more important then function.
                You forgot the "sarcasm" tag (it doesn't carry very well over the internet)

Comment

Hrmm -- my mistake. It turns out the 40-tooth gear replaces the stud gear when doing coarse threads. Otherwise everything else the same. Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
                  X