Canadian source for MT sleeve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickeyf View Post
    Us western guys that are on the Island don't have much brick and mortar, except in the past year or so there is now a Princess Auto in greater Victoria. KMS is mostly oriented to contractors, but it does have a few metalworking bits and pieces. On the mainland there is also KBC, BusyBee, and more industry (as opposed to hobbyist) places. You Ontario guys may have to drive for a few hours to get to a real machinist supply store, but you don't have to also pay big bucks to take the ferry back and forth! That being said, it's a choice, and I'd rather be on the island.
    I've never been west of Sudbury, but I've always wanted to visit BC/Victoria Island someday. Looks beautiful. Almost too scared I won't come home.....Been to the east coast a few times and it was close.....

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyf View Post
      Mike Burch I bought a tang type from KMS yesterday and cut off the tang. They are pretty much all Chinese anyway, but I didn't want to wait weeks or months. I may try an aliexpress for another size. Thanks - I don't usually think of them.
      I seldom think of anywhere else.

Consumables and tooling for machining are generally absurdly expensive here in New Zealand. For example, I can get carbide inserts from Ali Express at about a fifth of the local cost. I have no reason to think they are fakes or otherwise inferior. Sometimes things take many weeks to arrive, sometimes less than a fortnight. I'm retired, so usually not in a rush.

Comment

Working...
      X