Vfd fault error ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vfd fault error ?

I have this vfd running my homemade kmg. It is showing an error called stpo.?
    Does anyone know what it means and how can I fix it.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

I think you might have to supply some more info re the brand and model if you can. Hopefully someone will know. peter

Comment

Do you not have a manual?

What model and manufacturer is the unit?

What was going on when the error appeared (starting motor, stopping motor, changing speed, etc)?

Without the manual, identifying the error code is fairly difficult........... They all have different codes

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

does the error disappear when you disconnect it?

Comment

I bought the unit second hand . Im not sure what make it is . I will look better tonight when I get home.I got to the ma chine and it was flashing stpo and switching off does nothing. Is it not a teg or tec.?I was hoping someone recognises it.

I think its called teco.
          Last edited by plunger; 09-03-2020, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Many TECO manuals are available on line, so a model number, and mfgr confirmation would potentially get the answers.

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

It apparently means zero speed stop. I have no idea what that means.

Comment

The TECO manual for other units says that "Occurs when preset frequency <0.1Hz"

I also found "” Stpo” is displayed on the keypad when RUN is pressed and parameter 00-13 and the command frequency
                are both set to 0.00"

Is it possible that the spindle was stopped by simply turning the speed down to zero instead of doing a "stop" ?

At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

I got to be honest and tell you I battle understanding manuals ,even though they are in english.I cant concentrate long enough and lose focus. I got it working again by resetting the hz. i dont really know what I did but its working. Thank goodness. This homemade grinder of mine is the most used tool in my workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
                    The TECO manual for other units says that "Occurs when preset frequency <0.1Hz"

I also found "” Stpo” is displayed on the keypad when RUN is pressed and parameter 00-13 and the command frequency
                    are both set to 0.00"

Is it possible that the spindle was stopped by simply turning the speed down to zero instead of doing a "stop" ?
                    This. It is telling you that the speed (frequency or "Hz") is set so low that the motor can't run, so the VFD stops and does not even try, so to speak. When you reset the Hz, you gave it a speed setting that it can actually use and thus the motor runs.

Glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
                    X