Specification:
    Material:High carbon steel
    Model:BAP 400R-80-27-6F
    Insert Model:APMT1604PDER
    Cutter:90°
    Wrench:T15
    Clamp screw M4X9
    Size 50x80mm/2*3 inch
    Suitable For:Roughing, finishing, mining and processing,cut processing tank, stepped surface machining.
    Fit for FMB 27 arbor tool holder

I would say look for their "FMB 27 arbor tool holder"
    in the R-8 configuration. That is all the information
    that I see there.

--D

Leave a comment:

• Dan_the_Chemist
    replied
    Originally posted by 754 View Post
    If we were not here... you probably would have tried cutting it by now , hopefully start out slow..
    the problem I see here is after what has been put on here, you actually might be afraid of cutting it now, due to a few comments..
    Trust me, it won't machine itself.. give it a try.. might be easy. .
    Did you see the other thread about "What holds you back?" I gotta spend a few hours with a shovel and find the bench in the shop first...

However, after seeing all the warnings about needing sharp tools lest it work harden, I ordered a few new end mills in various flavors. They will be here next week, so that gives me all weekend to procrastinate about cleaning the shop.

Leave a comment:

• Dan_the_Chemist
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer View Post

How big is the spindle hole in your machine ?

-D
    Bridgeport ... R8

Leave a comment:

replied
    If we were not here... you probably would have tried cutting it by now , hopefully start out slow..
    the problem I see here is after what has been put on here, you actually might be afraid of cutting it now, due to a few comments..
    Trust me, it won't machine itself.. give it a try.. might be easy. .

Leave a comment:

• I make chips
    replied
    Originally posted by CPeter View Post
    Where is "over here" and do you have a link to it?
    Peter
    Oops, my location isn't shown on this forum. Here is the Yew Ess Ay.. *Clicky on a users name to see their profile. Sorry but it's not sold in New hampsha.
    Only kidding, here's the hint but Ima gonna make you work for it. Copy paste the item description from his ebay link into your ebay search blank. You'll get a dozen sellers for it ranging from $10 and up. To the head you have to attach it to an arbor stud. Straight shank, R8, cat 30-40 etc.depending on what you have.
    Last edited by I make chips; 09-10-2020, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bented
    replied
    954 aluminum bronze machines easily with hss or carbide tooling, beware the chips however.
    Fixture it up and machine at will, Whoever told you that it is a difficult material to machine is wrong. https://morganbronze.com/wp-content/...num_bronze.pdf

I make these bearings from 954 often and have never had a tool failure, as mentioned be wary of the chips as they come off small, hot and sharp, I would recommend an enclosure and flood coolant for chip control.

Leave a comment:

• Baz
    replied
    If it is to be a sword then it will have a pointy end so try a hacksaw to shape that bit. Blade is pretty cheap as a sacrificial try out.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    High positive rake inserts such as the type you would use for Aluminum would be the way to go, IMHO. For plain brass you can use HSS just fine with the edges blunted off so it doesn't grab.

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    I would use carbide, its only metal, but I never had much bother wilh bits of titanium and inconel either.

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post

What is the appropriate arbor for that head? They don't say in the listing.
    How big is the spindle hole in your machine ?

-D

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    Originally posted by 754 View Post
    Try milling it and see. . Start out slow. .. the usual methods.. and then report back.
    Seriously, What else can you do ????????
    I was thinking the same thing.

How do you know if tea is too hot to drink ?
    Sip it very slow and see.
    What else can be said unless you have access to a lab !?!!!

-D

Leave a comment:

• Dan_the_Chemist
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian B View Post
    I'd also go with carbide. I recently bought one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAP-400R-...72.m2749.l2649 and a 40 Int stalk for it, really pleased with the results.

Ian
    What is the appropriate arbor for that head? They don't say in the listing.

Leave a comment:

• Dan_the_Chemist
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    You don't know and you have it in your hand.
    How do you expect us to know ? ? ?

-D
    It would be silly to ask you what it is.
    That is why I asked a different question -- "any suggestions as to how to get a better ID on the stuff?"

Leave a comment:

replied
    Try milling it and see. . Start out slow. .. the usual methods.. and then report back.

Leave a comment:

• Dan_the_Chemist
    replied
    Originally posted by dian View Post
    ground shipping? where did it come from? wouldnt they know what it is?
    My friend sent it. He got it from a flea market.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X