OT Having Computor Printing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Having Computor Printing Problem

Maybe can get some HELP for someone here. I have a computor with Windows 7 Pro the problem is, the other day couldn't print so looked into the printers and they are all gone except for the icon for the Canon and HP but they both have an error. couldn't get either of they to run. with eveything I try it comes up with Windows Print Spooler not running, it is running in automatic tried in start maunal no go removed both printers and software but also installing soft ware comes up with the Spooler error says can't install because Windows Spooler not running. Got on line and did try clearing the spooler temp files there wasn't any. Crazy thing is all the printers are missing, Word, Fax,Acrobat vertual printers are also gone. Got a good friend that came over tried everything I did and also done some windows repair things but still no go. Everything elase seems to be working fine. Short of reinstalling the Windows 7 and than rebuilding all the software is there anything anyone can come up with that may help !!!!!! I also tried to do a restore from two past dates that I know things were good but that failed also. Thanks John
    John From Slinger, Wisconsin

The print spooler does sound like a part of Windows. Some of the older versions of Windows had a REPAIR option in their install procedure. You might try that. I don't believe the repair option required all the software to be re-installed, but don't count on it as I could be wrong.

It is strange that restoring it to an earlier state when the printer did work does not fix it.

Other than that I can only suggest taking it to a professional.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Since you have a HP printer, did you run their Print Doctor ?
      I have used it with Win 7 print issues

https://hp-print-and-scan-doctor.en.lo4d.com/windows\

Rich
      Green Bay, WI

Comment

uninstall and reinstall the print drivers, what type of connection USB or print server?

Comment

Originally posted by leesr View Post
          uninstall and reinstall the print drivers, what type of connection USB or print server?
          Sorry John. Windows is Windows Leesr said what to do. I agree. JR
          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Just to let everyone know how this came out. Ended up reinstalling Windows 7 using the upgrade rather than a full install found this idea on line from two differant site. By using the upgrade you save your personal files and programs. So did the install and reinstalled printers and all worked out. Did end up with a missing Dll file but got that figured out and only had to do reload of two programs but never lost any files. Just finished up doing a few setups that did get setwith the reload but was an easy fix. So after a day and a half things are back and I still have Windows 7 Pro . Thank You all for the help..

Comment

John, did not understand your solution
              . What do you mean ' Upgraded Win 7 "
              You already had 7 Pro...? and Win 7 is no longer supported ?
              Did you go to 10 ?
              Rich
              Green Bay, WI

Comment

Don’t know if this will help but I had many problems over the years with printer problems mostly with wifi. I finally set the printer to it’s own IP (permanent) address which made a world of difference. Also, Check the address of other devices running as it’s possible they may interfere with the ip of the printer so they benefit by their own address as well.

Comment

Rich sorry for the confusion your right I did print 7 it is 7 Pro. And yes when you go to do a reinstall you have an option of Full or Upgrade I chose the update to save files and software and it did work except for a few problems that I did list in other post. I found about this when I googled for hints for repair of the printer spooling problem. Thanks

Both of my printers are USB

Comment

Thanks John, Got it....didn't know about the upgrade mode...good to know when you have Win 7 like I do
                    Rich
                    Green Bay, WI

Comment

Originally posted by Robg View Post
                      Don’t know if this will help but I had many problems over the years with printer problems mostly with wifi. I finally set the printer to it’s own IP (permanent) address which made a world of difference. Also, Check the address of other devices running as it’s possible they may interfere with the ip of the printer so they benefit by their own address as well.
                      Only issue I ever had doing that was opening up print Sharing. Sometimes it also opens up ALL Shares. That my friends is a mistake. You do that and I am in your computer... Just saying... JR

Comment

Rich,
                        Just another note for you the options don't come up till after the installing of program setup files that takes more than an hour to install after that is when you get the option for the FULL or UPGRADE. After doing this I almost wonder if this is set up in the install just for problems with the program to fix issues without loosing everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                          Rich,
                          Just another note,,,,,,After doing this I almost wonder if this is set up in the install just for problems with the program to fix issues without loosing everything.
                          That Sir is called "Stale Ware".

JR MS and others are late with the software. Even a freash computer off the line from say Dell has old funky moldy azzed software on-board.

Staleware. Nice fore hackers, I bet I know 1/2 of you with wifi have not changed the passwords. You did chnge it from the factory settings right?

No, you did not. Now Im in.

Once in it really is too late. No turning back.

I dont need anymore from you thanks, go sit down, Its done, Im in.....Oh well. ..... JR

Comment

Working...
                          X