Made a mounting plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a mounting plate

Spent more time cleaning the dried up grease on the faceplate. First time using it. Bored out the recess for the new spindle motor on my Taig mill. The curved slot and bolt holes were done on the big mill of course.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200915_162442.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	1899583Click image for larger version  Name:	20200915_163559.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.83 MB ID:	1899584

wow....big looking motor, that ought to solve any power issues....I hope it doesn't topple over like Fred Flinestone's car
    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

3phase, driven by a VFD which is controlled by the Acorn. It's only a 1/3hp motor!!!

Comment

Hey RB, that looks like a lotta mass hanging off a (what looks like) 1/4" plate and a couple bolt-on brackets? Plus, the motor mass is a long way up from the mount. I can see that motor turning into a blur of vibration at certain RPM's. Can you rig a brace of some sort at the top of the motor? (Just tryin' to help.)
        Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
          Hey RB, that looks like a lotta mass hanging off a (what looks like) 1/4" plate and a couple bolt-on brackets? Plus, the motor mass is a long way up from the mount. I can see that motor turning into a blur of vibration at certain RPM's. Can you rig a brace of some sort at the top of the motor? (Just tryin' to help.)
          Going to wire up the VFD today and see what I am dealing with. The motor is only 18 lbs.

Comment

The mill table is only around 18 lbs... the machine weight wont absorb weight hanging off it easily..

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post
              The mill table is only around 18 lbs... the machine weight wont absorb weight hanging off it easily..
              I have an aftermarket weldment frame that is much larger than a stock Taig, and an aftermarket spindle with an R8 spindle for TTS tooling. This ain't your typical Taig.

Comment

Tim, the Tool Man would be proud!

Make chips and enjoy.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

Make it fit.
                You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

The most enjoyable part of owning machining or any other tools is, remodeling them to do what YOU want them to do. Great looking modification.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
                  Oregon Coast

Comment

Working...
                  X