X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first time I scooped a heaping bucket load of pea gravel,
    and the rear wheel started to come up as I was lifting the load,
    I learned you can not lift a HEAPING bucket load of gravel,
    just a nice level scoop of normal proportions.
    When first learning to scoop, I was always trying to get the
    motions down, as to be able to get a full scoop from the pile.
    I was quite proud of myself, getting a very full scoop.
    Too full as I found out.. I see wheel weights in my near future.
    Running a piece of equipment is a learning experience. I always
    try to do things slow, as you find the limits of lift or balance or whatever.
    So you don't go ass over tea kettle. I am learning all the time.
    Keep it fun, and don't get hurt.

-Doozer

DZER

Comment

MFWD loader tractor is more capable AND more dangerous than a 2WD version. Will MOVE with a load it doesn’t have the rear ballast to handle.

After years of running 2WDs my first time in a MFWD taught me an oscillating, load carrying, drive axle is sub optimal. Didn’t quite lay it over, thankfully.

Comment

If a full bucket is lifting the rear wheels off the ground, you need a smaller bucket or a bigger tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post

Independent rear brakes for steering using the rear wheels.
          And that's what got me and the tractor back home a few weeks ago. I was doing some rough cutting out in a fairly unused part of the farm when my front wheel found a hole. A big hole. It was big enough to wrench the front around and snap the front steering link. My first thought was "oh damn, ANOTHER repair out in the field". However, when I put it in reverse to get the wheel out of the hole I noticed that the front wheels sort of followed after... and since my DB 990 has independent rear brakes... I just backed that puppy all the way to the shop... A little welding and it's back on task !!!

Comment

I use the independent rear brakes on my old Ford 3910 a lot. Mostly while brush hogging/mowing. I like making large track rectangles while moving across the front field. Sometime while "blending", I need to make a sharp turn. Hitting one of the brake pedals will turn the tractor on a dime with nine cents change. Darn near like a ZTR. That's why my book says to lock the pedals together for road or speed travel. It will throw you out of the seat if you're not tied in.

Comment

Working...
            X