Fusion 360 - dissapointing changes iminent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Well since you did not read the whole thing, you would not know that you quoted essentially the only direct comment on fusion I made, which is simply a reaction to the linked video. That video said that there would be no more exporting of any universal format from the free version, and, if I can separate the comments of others from the video, the CAM and other useful things will be pulled as well.

So with 10 active models or drawings at one time, as the video stated (the FIRST video, not the later one) and no export, only printing, it does seem as if there is "essentially a demo version remaining". Maybe they have walked some of that back, I do not care, am not interested, and will not bother to find out.

The video may have been wrong, but using fusion would not tell you that any better than never having used it would. You had no more "inside info" at that time than contained in the video, so do not act so superior.

You can just keep your crappy comments to yourself. If you were not sipping schnapps when writing that (which I can forgive), then you have no excuse for it whatsoever, you did it knowing you were wrong and being silly. (Again I am taking a charitable view)

So again, I have suggested alternatives that do not have the limitations, what positive input to this thread have you provided? You seem to be limited to calling people names and singling me out for your hate. Have you done anything here that is not just trying to tear people down?

See yah, would not want to be yah. I'm DONE with you.
    Jerry, the cam remains, only 4&5 axis toolpaths going. It still will export several file formats, only a few are being removed, step files for example will remain. It will still be quite useful for many, just not all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post

Jerry, the cam remains, only 4&5 axis toolpaths going. It still will export several file formats, only a few are being removed, step files for example will remain. It will still be quite useful for many, just not all.
      OK, that is not the impression that the original video gave me. Thanks for the better information.

Yes, with the CAM, and STEP file export/import it is OK. When it appeared that there was nothing coming out except printed drawings, I was questioning even hobby use. Few true hobby folks are likely to have the capability to use 5 axis machining, although I expect there are some here who can.

I am still happy to pay for an unlimited use of a CAD program, myself, even if not quite as full-featured. I had investigated and considered using Fusion, but decided there was too much exposure to risks, too many ways for the result to go bad eventually (not my first contact with Autodesk).

I still may look at it after the dust settles, there are some features that interest me, and I could do the "start-up" license legitimately, since I get paid for some CAD work. (it pays for shop stuff).
      1601 2137 5683 1002 1437

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

I could do the "start-up" license legitimately, since I get paid for some CAD work. (it pays for shop stuff).
        Maybe not. From https://www.autodesk.com.au/products...n-360/startups

Businesses must design or manufacture their own physical products and be willing to share their story with the Fusion 360 community.

Service providers, resellers, contract manufacturers and consultants doing work for other companies do not qualify for Fusion 360 for startups.

Don’t qualify for startup use? Get a commercial or personal subscription to Fusion 360.

Comment

Well since you did not read the whole thing, you would not know that you quoted essentially the only direct comment on fusion I made, which is simply a reaction to the linked video. That video said that there would be no more exporting of any universal format from the free version, and, if I can separate the comments of others from the video, the CAM and other useful things will be pulled as well.

So with 10 active models or drawings at one time, as the video stated (the FIRST video, not the later one) and no export, only printing, it does seem as if there is "essentially a demo version remaining". Maybe they have walked some of that back, I do not care, am not interested, and will not bother to find out.

The video may have been wrong, but using fusion would not tell you that any better than never having used it would. You had no more "inside info" at that time than contained in the video, so do not act so superior.

You can just keep your crappy comments to yourself. If you were not sipping schnapps when writing that (which I can forgive), then you have no excuse for it whatsoever, you did it knowing you were wrong and being silly. (Again I am taking a charitable view)

So again, I have suggested alternatives that do not have the limitations, what positive input to this thread have you provided? You seem to be limited to calling people names and singling me out for your hate. Have you done anything here that is not just trying to tear people down?

See yah, would not want to be yah. I'm DONE with you.
          You don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Cam is not being pulled. And you can export files not just drawings. I have read the whole thread before I called you on your misinformation. I was referring to not going through the thread again to pull your false statements. Getting your information from a YouTube video is exactly making my point of your lack of qualification to make comments on the usability of Fusion. And this video is not the official video of Autodesk. As to singling you out, no, it is just you making false statements. No hate involved. It doesn't take much energy to point out your mistakes. You make it easy.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

• Rapids are being pulled. A year ago they removed the ability to convert other commercial file formats, like Solidworks, that is when I became a subscriber.
            A side note, my "life time" subscription is listed under "Legacy Fusion360". What the heck are they referring to as "Legacy"? Think we all know the answer to that question!

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

You don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Cam is not being pulled. And you can export files not just drawings. I have read the whole thread before I called you on your misinformation. I was referring to not going through the thread again to pull your false statements. Getting your information from a YouTube video is exactly making my point of your lack of qualification to make comments on the usability of Fusion. And this video is not the official video of Autodesk. As to singling you out, no, it is just you making false statements. No hate involved. It doesn't take much energy to point out your mistakes. You make it easy.
              Yep, more hating and whining...... you did not even read the posts.....

Onto ignore you go, permanently.
              Last edited by J Tiers; 10-01-2020, 07:57 PM.
              1601 2137 5683 1002 1437

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripe View Post
                WELL, even LESS interest in dealing with Autodesk again.
                1601 2137 5683 1002 1437

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

Comment

• Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                  Rapids are being pulled. A year ago they removed the ability to convert other commercial file formats, like Solidworks, that is when I became a subscriber.
                  A side note, my "life time" subscription is listed under "Legacy Fusion360". What the heck are they referring to as "Legacy"? Think we all know the answer to that question!
                  The rapids being pulled brings up a LOT of questions going forward. Lars Christensen in his video said you could just manually edit some the G1 lines to G0's to work around this, yea right !, fusion typically produces several thousand lines of code, good luck doing a manual hunt-n-seek to edit in the missing rapids manually !!

So rapids are going to be gone, replaced with G1 moves. That raises a LOT of questions ! G1 moves at what feedrate??????? The modal feedrate from the prior G1 move? If you were 3d profiling at 1ipm with a tiny endmill the missing rapids would be replaced with a 1ipm "rapid: move?????? That would take a toolpath that normally would be say a hour and make it 8 hours ! OR.... will the G1's replacing the rapids be a machine max feedrate ? No talk of any of these MAJOR details !! Makes a HUGE difference in how useful the program becomes.

I have been watching for more details on pulling the rapids and just how the replacement G1 moves will function but have not seen a bit of info yet. We will surely hear once the changes go live and the feedback begins.

The no longer supporting toolchangers is a equally interesting change. The gcode produced has nothing to do with if you have a toolchanger or not. M6T2 for example is a toolchange to tool #2 manual or automatic. The gcode is the same for either a manual toolchange or a autotmatic toolchanger. IF the M6 command is being removed then the controllers won't stop/pause for a toolchange and just keep on executing the code, WITH THE WRONG TOOL ! Again, no detail on the specifics of this change. Time will tell.
                  Last edited by Sparky_NY; 10-01-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post

The no longer supporting toolchangers is a equally interesting change. The gcode produced has nothing to do with if you have a toolchanger or not. M6T2 for example is a toolchange to tool #2 manual or automatic. The gcode is the same for either a manual toolchange or a autotmatic toolchanger. IF the M6 command is being removed then the controllers won't stop/pause for a toolchange and just keep on executing the code, WITH THE WRONG TOOL ! Again, no detail on the specifics of this change. Time will tell.
                    I believe you'll need to create individual files for each tool in the order they're used.

Comment

DUDE.....
                      Sorry typo.............or was it a Freudian slip.HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!
                      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
                      X