looking for parts for my lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for parts for my lathe

I bought this bench lathe new in 2007, the supplier is no longer in business , it appear to be a “:Generic” brand name this unit is branded as WORKMAN , and no identifying information on the paperwork that came with it , The best description is on the inspection record. —

— CO6 serial Family Bench lathe model CO6230AX914

, I am asking the members do they know of any parts supplier for these units , I am having. an uneven movement on the bed feed , and before i dismantle it i would like to find or know if there are any parts supplier .
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

You might get better advice on Practical Machinest..They are pretty simple .Does it happen if you hand feed or under power.

Comment

PM would tear him up for posting that machine.
      21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
      1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

It appears they are still available new so maybe this could be a lead to finding parts.... https://hongshengindustry.en.ec21.co...2_5404953.html

Comment

thanks Artful , i have not had a response from that site
          might try again

Comment

Harky, I see https://www.precisionmatthews.com/shop/pm-1236/ is selling them too. Even if he cannot supply parts I see a couple of useful files on there.

I have the same lathe and, touch wood, I have not had to replace anything but from what I can see the parts look fairly generic. Mine came with technical drawings (very basic quality!) with specs of just about every part.
            John

Comment

Is this the lathe? https://www.machineryhouse.co.nz/L682

These guys are good to deal with, but they are a bit remote from America.

Comment

Thanks for all the response s , Mike ,I’m in Australia , Hare&Forbes — Machinery House here have the same logo , and show in their sales a lathe with the same control s and layout as mine ,It came with drawings and part #s catalog. Fixing mine is not an issue ( as an old mechanic a gearbox — or similar , is a gearbox — or gear layout ) mine has done a lot of work , and i am keen to know where and if i can source parts , having them made is my next option , but it’s all time without my essential tool .
                funny thing is when i mention parts from any seller of machinery they seem to go very quiet . My post was to see what ( if any ) others had had sourcing any parts ). Some would argue these are “ cheap” lathes —- and are right , but this thing has done a huge amount of work , by any standard and i have no complaint .
                thanks again for everyone s response

Comment

What parts do you need? In my experience, unless you've busted a casting, most of the rest of what goes wrong are either commercial items or readily made.
                  in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

It does look like the PM1236 and others are the same with differ color paint.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	mzO5PGXXbONkmCFxQnfdaOjRZRFVv7R-RMYUfeyPj2agsGP9j8Pz-XPhTl0-CkDFYNS2vg-jXK4r4YKw55hvatJc6xjAQgythK4FkZIzuxkvRlIx7Gim46eZllplb71rCje3rvJsZDKoak6qFQdcGiBNTmBR5bedq8-nYEhNo_amwS2TIDR79brw8olHAqpLkFd8kGJHHZht9tZiNHJbOeEoUNCMu563Gj8zrXjwOmjf9bk9icegT8LPFyaWMK2 Views:	44 Size:	245.0 KB ID:	1900102
                    Last edited by CPeter; 09-18-2020, 03:27 PM.
                    Grantham, New Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by harky View Post
                      Thanks for all the response s , Mike ,I’m in Australia , Hare&Forbes — Machinery House here have the same logo , and show in their sales a lathe with the same control s and layout as mine ,It came with drawings and part #s catalog. Fixing mine is not an issue ( as an old mechanic a gearbox — or similar , is a gearbox — or gear layout ) mine has done a lot of work , and i am keen to know where and if i can source parts , having them made is my next option , but it’s all time without my essential tool .
                      funny thing is when i mention parts from any seller of machinery they seem to go very quiet . My post was to see what ( if any ) others had had sourcing any parts ). Some would argue these are “ cheap” lathes —- and are right , but this thing has done a huge amount of work , by any standard and i have no complaint .
                      thanks again for everyone s response
                      OK Harky, I just assumed you were in the USA, like most members of this forum.

When I needed a couple of bits for my Hafco lathe from Machinery House here in New Zealand they came to the party with no fuss at all.

"Hare & Forbes", eh? I didn't know that—they don't use that name in New Zealand. I guess that's why all their own-brand stuff is called Hafco.

Comment

Yep. Mike seems they have many brand names , the logo for your Machinery House and. Forbes are the same , don’t know if they have any connection
                        in South Australia we have another Machinery supplier. Paramount Browns. and all their stuff is labelled with their own name
                        so as I mentioned in my intro this stuff seems generic. ( different brand names , same stuff ) just want to know i can source parts before i pull it apart , I can still use it like it is , but don’t want it apart —- then be chasing parts
                        your country is the pinnacle of how to handle the virus , we have 5 states and 2 Territories who can’t agree on much
                        cheers
                        harky

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
                          PM would tear him up for posting that machine.
                          Who are these PM folks? Sounds like the Dawn of the Dead lol.

The thing is Rules are rules, like them or not.

For an example (and I have seen it eclipsing more) the flagrant slim-understanding of the rules. You can refresh your memory Re: The Rules and Regulations that are imposed here.

Everyone I know, knows...

Said the dummy to the crowd. Hey! I am only human too, just like you.

JR
                          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by harky View Post
                            I bought this bench lathe new in 2007,

I am asking the members do they know of any parts supplier for these units , I am having. an uneven movement on the bed feed , and before i dismantle it i would like to find or know if there are any parts supplier .
                            I am sorry, I cant help. Maybe look online for a same size lathe. Some, like Grizzly have nice "blown up" parts diagrams, with numbers. Parts numbers.

You might be supersized to find out you can get a brand new oil seal from Grizzly . The lathes are usually unitized.

I suspect they dont change Major Dimensions much.

All from the same Iron Ore processor. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Working...
                            X