Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I get a little CAD help, pretty please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's screen shots, I made DXF's of both, PM me your email so I can send you the DXF's.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	frontView.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1901680

Name:	TopView.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1901681

Comment

It's worth noting, I did this with the EAA $36 a year Solidworks.
      The subscribed version I have of Fusion360 refused to make drawings of the IGS files, says they contained no sketches, and not solid bodies. Solidworks didn't seem to care.

Comment

Deleted due to brain phart on orig. post!
        Last edited by DICKEYBIRD; 09-26-2020, 05:45 PM.
        Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

About the same amount of time to do it in Fusion 360
          This is just the headstock:

Name:	SherlineDrawing.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1901710

Comment

Originally posted by elf View Post
            About the same amount of time to do it in Fusion 360
            This is just the headstock:

Name:	SherlineDrawing.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1901710
            You'll have to tell me how you did it

Comment

I have to ask... are those actual geometry files, or just sheet views? There is a huge difference.
              *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

If you zoom way in on the .dxf are there 7.2 gigabazzillion tiny line segments & microscopic points all over the drawing & then when you get all those deleted you find out that the main vectors are of square a tiny bit and the drawing is scaled up by 3.997654:1? I think there was raster/vector conversion going on or some such sorcery.
                Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

You'll have to tell me how you did it
                  In Fusion 360, you make a 'Drawing' of the model, then save that as a dxf. (This capability is being removed from the free version soon, much to the irritation of a lot of users.) You can also export a dxf from a sketch which requires projecting the geometry to the sketch.

Comment

Originally posted by elf View Post

In Fusion 360, you make a 'Drawing' of the model, then save that as a dxf. (This capability is being removed from the free version soon, much to the irritation of a lot of users.) You can also export a dxf from a sketch which requires projecting the geometry to the sketch.
                    Tried it, wouldn't let me. You must of used the other file format.

Comment

Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
                      If you zoom way in on the .dxf are there 7.2 gigabazzillion tiny line segments & microscopic points all over the drawing & then when you get all those deleted you find out that the main vectors are of square a tiny bit and the drawing is scaled up by 3.997654:1? I think there was raster/vector conversion going on or some such sorcery.
                      I scaled it up 4 to 1, these are sheet views. But should suffice for a parts locator.

Comment

In CB I just imported the STP of the spindle body (head stock), selected all the surfaces, and moved them to a hidden layer. Actual workable geometry of the surface edges remained visible. That's how I got the 3D line drawing shown in post #10. In VC I can select any part to export by itself.

There are what I believe are little indescrepancies in the original 3D model. They may be deliberate or they may be incidental.
                        Last edited by Bob La Londe; 09-26-2020, 11:25 PM.
                        *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Name:	SherlineDrawing2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1901767

It's hidden in the PDF Output menu.

Comment

Working...
                          X