Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I get a little CAD help, pretty please?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Here's screen shots, I made DXF's of both, PM me your email so I can send you the DXF's.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	frontView.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1901680
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TopView.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1901681

    Comment


    • #17
      It's worth noting, I did this with the EAA $36 a year Solidworks.
      The subscribed version I have of Fusion360 refused to make drawings of the IGS files, says they contained no sketches, and not solid bodies. Solidworks didn't seem to care.

      Comment


      • #18
        Deleted due to brain phart on orig. post!
        Last edited by DICKEYBIRD; 09-26-2020, 05:45 PM.
        Milton

        "Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

        "The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

        Comment


        • #19
          About the same amount of time to do it in Fusion 360
          This is just the headstock:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SherlineDrawing.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1901710

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by elf View Post
            About the same amount of time to do it in Fusion 360
            This is just the headstock:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	SherlineDrawing.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1901710
            You'll have to tell me how you did it

            Comment


            • #21
              I have to ask... are those actual geometry files, or just sheet views? There is a huge difference.
              *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

              Comment


              • #22
                If you zoom way in on the .dxf are there 7.2 gigabazzillion tiny line segments & microscopic points all over the drawing & then when you get all those deleted you find out that the main vectors are of square a tiny bit and the drawing is scaled up by 3.997654:1? I think there was raster/vector conversion going on or some such sorcery.
                Milton

                "Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

                "The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by RB211 View Post

                  You'll have to tell me how you did it
                  In Fusion 360, you make a 'Drawing' of the model, then save that as a dxf. (This capability is being removed from the free version soon, much to the irritation of a lot of users.) You can also export a dxf from a sketch which requires projecting the geometry to the sketch.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by elf View Post

                    In Fusion 360, you make a 'Drawing' of the model, then save that as a dxf. (This capability is being removed from the free version soon, much to the irritation of a lot of users.) You can also export a dxf from a sketch which requires projecting the geometry to the sketch.
                    Tried it, wouldn't let me. You must of used the other file format.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
                      If you zoom way in on the .dxf are there 7.2 gigabazzillion tiny line segments & microscopic points all over the drawing & then when you get all those deleted you find out that the main vectors are of square a tiny bit and the drawing is scaled up by 3.997654:1? I think there was raster/vector conversion going on or some such sorcery.
                      I scaled it up 4 to 1, these are sheet views. But should suffice for a parts locator.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        In CB I just imported the STP of the spindle body (head stock), selected all the surfaces, and moved them to a hidden layer. Actual workable geometry of the surface edges remained visible. That's how I got the 3D line drawing shown in post #10. In VC I can select any part to export by itself.

                        There are what I believe are little indescrepancies in the original 3D model. They may be deliberate or they may be incidental.
                        Last edited by Bob La Londe; 09-26-2020, 11:25 PM.
                        *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	SherlineDrawing2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1901767

                          It's hidden in the PDF Output menu.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X