Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I get a little CAD help, pretty please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elf
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SherlineDrawing2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1901767

It's hidden in the PDF Output menu.

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    In CB I just imported the STP of the spindle body (head stock), selected all the surfaces, and moved them to a hidden layer. Actual workable geometry of the surface edges remained visible. That's how I got the 3D line drawing shown in post #10. In VC I can select any part to export by itself.

There are what I believe are little indescrepancies in the original 3D model. They may be deliberate or they may be incidental.
    Last edited by Bob La Londe; 09-26-2020, 11:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    If you zoom way in on the .dxf are there 7.2 gigabazzillion tiny line segments & microscopic points all over the drawing & then when you get all those deleted you find out that the main vectors are of square a tiny bit and the drawing is scaled up by 3.997654:1? I think there was raster/vector conversion going on or some such sorcery.
    I scaled it up 4 to 1, these are sheet views. But should suffice for a parts locator.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by elf View Post

In Fusion 360, you make a 'Drawing' of the model, then save that as a dxf. (This capability is being removed from the free version soon, much to the irritation of a lot of users.) You can also export a dxf from a sketch which requires projecting the geometry to the sketch.
    Tried it, wouldn't let me. You must of used the other file format.

Leave a comment:

• elf
    replied
    Originally posted by RB211 View Post

You'll have to tell me how you did it
    In Fusion 360, you make a 'Drawing' of the model, then save that as a dxf. (This capability is being removed from the free version soon, much to the irritation of a lot of users.) You can also export a dxf from a sketch which requires projecting the geometry to the sketch.

Leave a comment:

• DICKEYBIRD
    replied
    If you zoom way in on the .dxf are there 7.2 gigabazzillion tiny line segments & microscopic points all over the drawing & then when you get all those deleted you find out that the main vectors are of square a tiny bit and the drawing is scaled up by 3.997654:1? I think there was raster/vector conversion going on or some such sorcery.

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    I have to ask... are those actual geometry files, or just sheet views? There is a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by elf View Post
    About the same amount of time to do it in Fusion 360
    This is just the headstock:

Name:	SherlineDrawing.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1901710
    You'll have to tell me how you did it

Leave a comment:

• elf
    replied
    About the same amount of time to do it in Fusion 360
    This is just the headstock:

Name:	SherlineDrawing.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1901710

Leave a comment:

• DICKEYBIRD
    replied
    Deleted due to brain phart on orig. post!
    Last edited by DICKEYBIRD; 09-26-2020, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    It's worth noting, I did this with the EAA $36 a year Solidworks.
    The subscribed version I have of Fusion360 refused to make drawings of the IGS files, says they contained no sketches, and not solid bodies. Solidworks didn't seem to care.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Here's screen shots, I made DXF's of both, PM me your email so I can send you the DXF's.

Name:	frontView.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1901680

Name:	TopView.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1901681

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    Sa-weet RB, can you save as a 2D .dxf & attach it here or by email? If I had the view looking straight down on it as well (end view?) I'd be good to go. The motor and its mount bracket would be icing on the cake!
    ok, let me work on it

Leave a comment:

• DICKEYBIRD
    replied
    Sa-weet RB, can you save as a 2D .dxf & attach it here or by email? If I had the view looking straight down on it as well (end view?) I'd be good to go. The motor and its mount bracket would be icing on the cake!

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    How about this? Did this in Solidworks with the IGS file in about 3 minutes.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5000.PNG Views:	0 Size:	191.7 KB ID:	1901670

Leave a comment:

Working...
X