OT influenza innoculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT influenza innoculation

I usually have my yearly flu jab at the doctors surgery, but as this year the pharmacy at the local supermarket was offering them, and their appointment time was more convenient so I had the pharmacist do mine. He gave me the information sheet which came with the pre filled syringe, which I have never had from the doctors surgery.
    The injection contains three variations:

A/Guandong-Maonan/SWL1536/2019 (H1N1)pdm09-like strain (A/Victoria/2454/2019 IVR-207)
    A/ Hong Kong/2671/2019 (H3N2)-like strain (A/Hong Kong/2671/2019 IVR-208)
    B/Washington/02/2019-like strain (B/Victoria/705/2018 BVR-11)

This vaccine complieswith the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendation (northern hemisphere) and EU recommendation for the 2020/2021 season.

I hope somebody will be interested in in this

Yeah, just got my mix at CVS last week. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Getting mine next week with my second shingles shot, many getting up there in age often overlook this important one.
      The pharmacies here have been offering the flu shot for a few years now.
      Max.

Comment

Got mine yesterday from my Dr. 65+ vaccine is 25% stronger than the one for younger folks. The CDC information gives no information about the drug; only info about precautions and side effects.

Mike

Comment

I usually get one from my doctor. I like to support their office when I can. And it costs me nothing either there or at a drug store.
          Paul A.
          SE Texas

Make it fit.
          You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

While you are at it, if over 65 get the pneumonia (2 shots spaced a few months) as well. Unlike shingles shot, no prescription needed for the pneumonia.

And make sure to get the over 65 version of the flu shot.

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by MaxHeadRoom View Post
              Getting mine next week with my second shingles shot, many getting up there in age often overlook this important one.
              Max.
              Very good point.

I have never had Chickenpox (or measles for that matter) so I should look into it with my Dr. to see if I should get it. 55 now so a lil late.. JR

Comment

Many get the shot that are older than 55, and hit usually hits the older person pretty hard if unlucky enough to get it..
                Max.

Comment

I have an annual physical coming up in a week, so I'll get my shot then. I haven't had the flu or even a cold for about 15 years, likely because I live alone, have been self-employed (or retired) working at home, and not really much of a participant in parties or bar-hopping. But I have usually gotten the annual flu shot. I just canceled my gym membership yesterday. I was not going very often anyway, when they were closed down due to Covid-19, but have reopened for a couple months. I have been paying $41/month, so now I can find something better to spend it on. Maybe a home gym.
                  http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                  Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                  USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                    I just canceled my gym membership yesterday.
                    Oh Paul? If I still lived outside of Baltimore I would come over there personally and take some "Man Points"

Kidding. No Gym membership.

outside or inside the house during winter.

I do like to hear you are taking care though, so Man Card returnd JR

Comment

I joined the gym when I was still rehabbing from knee replacement, and I thought it would help. It did, for a while, but I slacked off. I have usually been pretty active around the house and property, but that's not always enough. I'm hoping the dogs will inspire me to be more active, and maybe I will get a home gym as well. I just find such things boring.
                      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

I've never had a flu shot, and I've never had the flu. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by john hobdeclipe View Post
                          I've never had a flu shot, and I've never had the flu. What am I doing wrong?
                          Using a sample size of one.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripe View Post

Using a sample size of one.
                            Or, perhaps, not evaluating the characteristics of the sample and the space in which it exists for unique qualities that affect the outcome.

I have a piece of polymethylmethacrylate (plexiglass). It has never rusted.

That is a sample size of one.

Does that fact suggest that a sample size of 10^6 would come up with examples that rusted?

I have a piece of leaded steel. it has never visibly rusted (it is kept in a vacuum).

That is a sample size of one.

Would a sample size of 10^6 similar pieces come up with some that rusted extensively?

Keep eye on ball.
                            Hashim Khan

Comment

We have been getting the flu shot every year for quite a while now. Works well for me. Can't remember the last time I actually got the flu and I get very few or no colds over the winter also.
                              We got on the list at our local pharmacy early this year and had the shot the day after they received them. Hope this year goes the same as past years.
                              Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X