No announcement yet.

OT influenza innoculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There must be a lot of people who have been lucky and not ever had flu. I am 71 and have had it once in my life, about 50 years ago, it was unpleasant, to say the least. My cousin, who is 87 had it last year, his first bout of it, and he was ill for several weeks, his recovery was slow due to his age. I had the pneumonia innoculation a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
      Or, perhaps, not evaluating the characteristics of the sample and the space in which it exists for unique qualities that affect the outcome.
      I think it's reasonable to assume that john hobdeclipe is a typical human and therefore susceptible to the flu.

I have a piece of leaded steel. it has never visibly rusted (it is kept in a vacuum).
      I'm calling BS. Photo?

Comment

Or, perhaps, not evaluating the characteristics of the sample and the space in which it exists for unique qualities that affect the outcome.

I have a piece of polymethylmethacrylate (plexiglass). It has never rusted.

That is a sample size of one.

Does that fact suggest that a sample size of 10^6 would come up with examples that rusted?

I have a piece of leaded steel. it has never visibly rusted (it is kept in a vacuum).

That is a sample size of one.

Would a sample size of 10^6 similar pieces come up with some that rusted extensively?
        sample size doens really help. can you be sure the nex stone you "drop" will not take off to the sky?

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
          I joined the gym when I was still rehabbing from knee replacement, and I thought it would help.
          Yeah, I figured it was for rehab. You have discussed your physical issues. I was just yankin yer chain. I would like to get to Maryland to visit family though. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Almost two years ago my wife got a really bad case of the shingles. After seeing how much discomfort that she was in , i went and got my shots. The local drugstores had waiting lists, so I went to local clinic and and paid full price. My wife's shingles lasted for almost 8 months.
            John b. SW Chicago burbs.

Comment

Mart,

There must be more in the injection than just that list. Karen on Facebook says vaccines contain gasoline, and she has done extensive research on Google so she should know.

Ian
              All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian B View Post
                Mart,

There must be more in the injection than just that list. Karen on Facebook says vaccines contain gasoline, and she has done extensive research on Google so she should know.

Ian
                Then she knows about the tracking microchips too.
                Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

Originally posted by flathead4 View Post

Then she knows about the tracking microchips too.
                  Does she know about the arsenic, plutonium, and chineseium in that vaccine?

Comment

Don't forget your TETANUS shot every 5 years, since we all work with rusty, sharp metal.

Comment

Originally posted by john b View Post
                      Almost two years ago my wife got a really bad case of the shingles. After seeing how much discomfort that she was in , i went and got my shots. The local drugstores had waiting lists, so I went to local clinic and and paid full price. My wife's shingles lasted for almost 8 months.
                      It is recommended that healthy adults, 50 years and older get two doses of the shingles vaccine called Shingrix separated by 2 to 6 months, to prevent any severe case of it.
                      Max.

Comment

I'm going to get my flu shot from the V A monday, had both types of shingles shots, pneumonia shots, you can still barely see my small pox scar. I believe in vaccines. I had, in first gade, mumps, measles, chicken pox, and whooping cough. Might be one of the reasons I never went back to east Texas, but I love the rest of the state. Have never had the flu, but usually have two or three colds every year. Just part of the price you pay to help raise grandkids. It's worth it. Granddaughter, 14, first year of highschool, getting straight A's, grandson, 7, sharp as a tack.

Comment

Since I type with one finger, I am reluctant to include the whole list of ingrediants. Gasoline was not on the list, however.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripe View Post

I think it's reasonable to assume that john hobdeclipe is a typical human and therefore susceptible to the flu.

I'm calling BS. Photo?
                            Some people are just not much affected by ty;pical 'flu varieties. Some folks get Covid and don't even know it, too.

The piece of steel? Of course it is not true.... it was an example, a sort of "thought experiment", not a fact. Note that I could have shown a sealed container and claimed the thing was in there.... but I did not......so I am not "BS-ing".

Keep eye on ball.
                            Hashim Khan

Comment

When you limit the environment for samples as you did, such that there is no mechanism for the result being tested for, there will be no difference for a sample of one or a million. As to colds and the flu, most infections are caused by interpersonal contact, so people who are retired, live alone on 2-1/2 acres, work from home, and rarely go out, (as is my case), will rarely be exposed and get the disease. I also take 1000 mg of Vitamin C daily, which may be a beneficial preventative. If people continue practicing Covid-19 precautions, flu cases and colds may very well be reduced. The positivity rate here in MD is now between 2 and 3%, which greatly reduces the chance of transmission under most circumstances, so it will be interesting to see if the flu season is affected here. In most of the US, however, the situation is becoming dire, and "you ain't seen nothin' yet"
                              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Corona vaccine scientist #1: "We've had a safe vaccine for COV19 ready for months, what's the delay with mass producing?"
                                Corona vaccine scientist #1: "We're having troubles making a microchip that doesn't get stuck in the needle"

Ian
                                All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

Working...
                                X