Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you aware of the Ads from supporters of this website ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you aware of the Ads from supporters of this website ?

Perhaps you are too busy to stop and look, but there are some firms that support our forum
    and their ads appear from time to time. I see some good machine shop products and reasonable prices.
    take a look, you may be surprised at the variety of cutters and tooling !
    Rich
    Green Bay, WI

I use Adblock...don't see any ads...just the way I like it...
    Keith

Comment

Agree with Keith. Now, if Adblock could be made much more selective so I would see only those ads that deal specifically with the 'hobby'.......

Pete
      1973 SB 10K .
      BenchMaster mill.

Comment

2Linc has some nice looking thread mills and other stuff. Next time the Tormach add pops up I'll click on it to order more tool holders.

Comment

Originally posted by LKeithR View Post
          I use Adblock...don't see any ads...just the way I like it...
          Originally posted by 10KPete View Post
          Agree with Keith. Now, if Adblock could be made much more selective so I would see only those ads that deal specifically with the 'hobby'.......

Pete
          AdBlock plus. I don't get any ads on any sites EXCEPT this one. It's super easy with AdBlock Plus to select which sites are exempt from blocking. For all the good that George and crew does to keep things going around here we owe it to help out as best we can.

Comment

Most ad blocking software can "whitelist" individual sites. I am using Ghostery and this site is whitelisted, but I rarely see the ads because they are only in a small header at the top of the web pages. I don't know if having the ads visible helps the numerics for the site, or if they must be clicked to count.
            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

if there was i list of supporters, they could be considered when purchasing.

Comment

A) won't deliver outside US
                B) Website blocks all access from europe (MSC is the same: "MSCdirect.com is currently not available for your use".

Comment

I bet all you guys love to see the angry Asian fellow upset because he doesn't know how to tram his mill.

-Doozer
                  DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                    I bet all you guys love to see the angry Asian fellow upset because he doesn't know how to tram his mill.

-Doozer
                    Yes! Everybody needs to own a "Ronco Tram-Master". Make a perfect gift

Comment

Unfortunately, I live on the wrong side of the pond to take advantage of the forums advertisers. Postage charges from the USA to the UK are frighteningly high.

Comment

I have NO adblockers installed at all (I checked), and I STILL do not see ads at the top, or anywhere else on most pages. Once in a while I DO see an ad, a small one at the top.

There do not appear to BE very many.
                        3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
                          A) won't deliver outside US
                          B) Website blocks all access from europe (MSC is the same: "MSCdirect.com is currently not available for your use".
                          msc site works for me.

Comment

MSC has a European site, so accessing the USA site is not needed.

Comment

Do I notice the ads? Well, I do have a pop-up blocker, and an ad blocker, but I still get the banner ad at the top of the pages. And I do notice them.

I recently purchased two milling vises from Shars. They are one of the advertisers here so I was familiar with the name. That, along with the reasonable price was a factor in my decision to purchase from them.

Do the ads work? Yes, I think they do. And this comes from a person who has worked around ads for his entire career; the last 18 years of my career was with an actual ad agency (as a TV engineer). So I am as cynical as they come on the subject of ads. I like ads that give me facts about the product.

I also read a lot of the ads in our sponsor's magazines. Sometimes I read the ads before reading the articles. And that is coming from a person who has written some of those articles.

So YES, I do notice the ads.

PS: I am quite happy with those Shars milling vises.
                              Paul A.
                              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
                              X