Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you aware of the Ads from supporters of this website ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with the ads that show up on this site. What I do have a problem with is ads that block parts of the screen and force you to click them away, etc. When they are that much in my face, those companies have already lost me as a potential customer.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I have an ad blocker running all the time, but this site is on the whitelist with a very few others.
      I'm with Darryl, as long as the ads aren't annoying I don't mind seeing them and am more likely to click to get more information.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        I have NO adblockers installed at all (I checked), and I STILL do not see ads at the top, or anywhere else on most pages. Once in a while I DO see an ad, a small one at the top. There do not appear to BE very many.
        Do you run javascript?

Southwest Utah

Comment

Likely, since the sites do work..... unless Firefox has it blocked and I don't realize it....

The ads on the site that I do see are usually nothing I want, but the ads in the magazines I DO pay attention to.
          3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

I was kind of shocked to open the new Nov/Dec issue of The Home Shop Machinist and not find a Harbor Freight advertisement or a listing in the index.
            Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
            9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post
              I was kind of shocked to open the new Nov/Dec issue of The Home Shop Machinist and not find a Harbor Freight advertisement or a listing in the index.
              HF is cutting WAAAAYYYY back on the deals. The 20% coupons don't work with most things anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X