X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Grouper fish being a Grouper Fish

This is funny-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ank-mates.html

"A lonely fish who ate all of his tank mates became 'depressed' after he was left with no company when his aquarium closed during the pandemic.

Grumpy looking grouper fish Mikko arrived at the Linnanmaki Sea Life centre in Helsinki in 2007, and has a 'tendency to eat all his tank mates' - even devouring a poisonous lionfish."

" With no fish friends left, Mikko was relying on visitors to the aquarium and according to staff member Marcus became 'depressed' and would 'sit at the bottom of his tank' because he was so lonely.

Appearing on This Morning, he told how staff cheered up the fish with a 'birthday cake' made of salmon and shrimp, but admitted that Mikko 'didn't even look' at the cake before quickly eating it.

Staff were convinced that even Mikko wouldn't able to eat a lionfish: 'We were quite sure that would be a good tank mate but obviously he wasn't, he ate it. So it didn't go very well.'

--------------------------------
    He's a Grouper, laying on the bottom and eating anything that comes by is what they do 😆😆
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Grouper?

Good eating. When I worked in Miami, there was a seafood restaurant right on the bay, near the 79th street causeway. They had the best grouper in town. I always ordered grouper there. I don't think that restaurant is there any longer.

But I don't think that would do anything to cheer up that depressed grouper.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I should have pic of Mikko somewhere

Comment

I have eat lionfish, tastes like any other fish.
        We were scuba diving with spear gun & tin snips,,,,, snip off the long fins and take it home, just fine.

Comment

When I lived in Tampa, Fl I liked to go fishing in the Gulf with friends from work. They spear fished for grouper. A good eating size is around 2 ft. They would not dive the man made reefs because they were dominated by goliath grouper that can reach 8 ft long and 680 lbs. The large fish were protected by law and would eat or chase away any fish smaller. Grouper were so popular at local restaurants they became scarce from overfishing.

Comment

Working...
          X