Rapidkut Cutting Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapidkut Cutting Tools

Anyone know anything about this brand?? Good, bad, middle of the road etc. US made ?? Made by someone else ?? Rebranded ??

I don't know anything about them. Every time I pick up catalog I see new brands that I've never heard of.

JL.............

http://www.rapidkut.com/cgi/CGP2HOME

Comment

From their website, it looks like Rapidkut started in Grand Rapids Michigan in about 1940. They say they've grown exponentially, and invested heavily in CDC and other machines, however, it is not clear or obvious whether they are still manufacturing tooling in Michigan or where their offices or plant might be now.

There is nothing about Made in the USA. From one of their legal documents, there is referenced an address : Rapidkut, 8655 E. 8 Mile Rd. / Warren, Michigan 48089which is the main operation location for Production Tool Supply, (PTS) where I've personally bought supplies for my garage shop, and back in the 1960s my brother in law regularly bought tools for his mold making business.

Looking for the name Rapidkut in Michigan's corporations bureau, results in nothing. No business, no assumed name. No results from an address name lookup either. Makes one wonder whether the name was at some point, sold and operations moved off shore. Thousands, including many of our favorite tool brands, have gone the same way.

I've seen some reviews of this brand's tools and they seem to be OK. Just no idea by whom, or where they are manufactured.
      S E Michigan

Comment

I zoomed in on their picture, and could not tell, but the impression I got was that the workers were not Asian, or not ALL Asian. Dunno what that means.
        CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandGB View Post
          From their website, it looks like Rapidkut started in Grand Rapids Michigan in about 1940. They say they've grown exponentially, and invested heavily in CDC and other machines, however, it is not clear or obvious whether they are still manufacturing tooling in Michigan or where their offices or plant might be now.

There is nothing about Made in the USA. From one of their legal documents, there is referenced an address : Rapidkut, 8655 E. 8 Mile Rd. / Warren, Michigan 48089which is the main operation location for Production Tool Supply, (PTS) where I've personally bought supplies for my garage shop, and back in the 1960s my brother in law regularly bought tools for his mold making business.

Looking for the name Rapidkut in Michigan's corporations bureau, results in nothing. No business, no assumed name. No results from an address name lookup either. Makes one wonder whether the name was at some point, sold and operations moved off shore. Thousands, including many of our favorite tool brands, have gone the same way.

I've seen some reviews of this brand's tools and they seem to be OK. Just no idea by whom, or where they are manufactured.
          That's interesting. Don't you just love it when companies don't mention where their products are made.
          I couldn't find any reviews on them. You did better than I did searching.
          For a company that's been around since the 40's one would think the name would be highly recognizable. I've never seen them in any catalog before until last week when I get a catalog from H&W machine.

JL..............

Comment

Sounds made in the USA to me: From their website:

Family owned and operated since 1940 Rapidkut was one of the first manufacturers of HSS End Mills. Beginning in Grand Rapids, Michigan, business swiftly grew, and through generations of constant improvement and manufacturing expertise has grown RapidKut into one of the utmost premier cutting tool manufacturers of our time. Obviously evolving into Carbide in the early 1980's RapidKut today offers one of the most comprehensive lines of HSS and Carbide Tooling available today. RapidKut offers high quality tooling at the most competitive price in the industry. Through our manufacturing expertise we have developed a production style that is second to none in the industry. All products are manufactured under one roof to ensure quality and consistency of what our customers have grown accustomed to getting throughout the years.

All Tools are 100% CNC Ground to ensure consistency. Using state of the art Anca, Walter and Rollomatic CNC Grinders. Automated Loading capabilities on most Grinders. Experienced programmers with years of perfecting their trade. Employees that care about the product they produce. Hundreds of thousands of dollars $$$ invested in equipment. State of the Art Quality inspections systems and processes. In process inspection of 100% of all critical tool features. ISO 9001:2000 Certified (Certified in ISA since 1997) Quality and consistency are our main concern. n House Coating Capabilities. Control the quality of the Coating. Increased Inventory of coated Tools. Reduced Lead Times on Coated Tools. All Standard Coatings done in House (TIN,TICN,ALTIN,NACO) CVD Diamond and PVD Amorphous Diamond available. Complete quality control of all processes.

Comment

It's unbelievable that a company that has been around for as long as they have and yet I've never seen their products listed an any of the tool catalogs, and I get at least four or five different tool catalogs, have for years. I used to get several smaller company tool catalogs back in the 90's and never saw their brand in any of them either. How do they market their products. How are people supposed to find them?

JL.............

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                It's unbelievable that a company that has been around for as long as they have and yet I've never seen their products listed an any of the tool catalogs, .
                Lots of possible explanations. There are manufactures who make for others and you wouldn't know their name. Bertram apparently used to make a large portion of Pratt and Whitney cutting tools for example. Another is maybe they didn't pursue growth and stuck with some supply channel you have come across. There are little industrial supply places scattered around where they sales guy pops in gives advice etc, many don't put out catalogues
                in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Working...
                X