No announcement yet.

Microscope Gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some kids just have the neatest toys in their toy box! Yeah, color me jealous

Comment

Neato!
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
      You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post

Is your adapter just a tube or does it have optics in it?
        just a tube, I bought a mount for the camera and have tube screw into said mount.
        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Parts for the conversion to EPI DIC showed up today. Good news is 3 of the 4 objectives I have work with the Komarski prisms in the nosepiece, I will need to find a 100x objective for the last turret position, tried the 60x I have but it does not work in DIC with that prism. Also the lamphouse is intended for a 12v, 50w lamps instead of the usual 6v, 20W lamp so I picked up an adjustable 3-12v, 5 amp power supply off amazon. Once I have that ill post some pics of the results.

Comment

Very nice haul!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Section of the top of a pentiumD that I unceremoniously ripped from it's substrate to see the surface.

Figuring this is about 1000x considering the sensor size of the camera I am using, I need to make a adapter for the DSLR next.

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_channel000_position000_time000000000_z000.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1908076

Comment

nice! looks likes a phase micrograph.

Now you need to get some different colour light sources, a few filter blocks and a platypus or two

Comment

It's with the DIC setup I installed.

I know a geologist that wants to come over to use it, so that ought to be fun.

Comment

Working...
                  X