Repurposing a dosing syringe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repurposing a dosing syringe

Some of you might remember that I used to have sheep. Well the sheep are gone and I was cleaning out the animal pharmacy and going through all the medicines and other items used for the animals. One thing I have is a dosing syringe with a tank. The tank is usually worn on your back like a backpack. A tube runs to the pistol type syringe. The dose is setable. This is a very high quality unit. The wife looked at it and started to put it in the junk pile. I said stop I can use that. I took it up to my shop and put oil in the tank and hung the tank next to the drill press. The pistol syringe I hung from a bungee cord right next to the drill press table. It works a treat when drilling. I just grab the syringe and squeeze the handle and out comes cutting oil exactly where I need it. All I have to do is let go of the pistol and it just hangs out of the way but really handy for the next dose. This unit costs I think around 200Euros so I really didn't want to throw it away. I had asked a few people I know if they needed one but all said no. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026_160732[1].jpg
Views:	255
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1907330

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Now THAT.... is useful.
    Nice job thinking outside that box.
    SE MI, USA

Comment

Good idea BF,always like to see stuff repurposed even half a handle bar lol!

Comment

handy!

so what happened to the keeping of the sheep? And more importantly, that hydromechanical sheep shearing robot?

Comment

I kept sheep in order to train my Border Collies. The training was becoming more of a chore than a pleasure because of health issues. I gave my dogs to a Shepherd friend of mine so they could do what they love to do all day long. With me they were not getting enough work so the best thing for the dogs sake was to let them go. The sheep also went to the same man. The sheep shearing machine is just sitting here waiting for me to transform it into something useful. Most of the parts will go on my firewood processor.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

That is one classy cutting oil dispenser. Given what it started out as, I'm sure it doesn't slowly drip out oil onto the floor when it's not in use like so many other home baked oilers I have seen. I like the spring assist storage as well, always handy but out of the way when not in use. Great thinking!

Comment

Are you going to treat yourself to a modern hacksaw, maybe for xmas ?
              Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

Blackforest--We got a lot of entertainment from your sheep and the sheep shearing machine. Time does fly by, doesn't it. I wish you good health and great hobbies.---Brian
                Brian Rupnow
                Design engineer
                Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                  I kept sheep in order to train my Border Collies. The training was becoming more of a chore than a pleasure because of health issues. I gave my dogs to a Shepherd friend of mine so they could do what they love to do all day long. With me they were not getting enough work so the best thing for the dogs sake was to let them go. The sheep also went to the same man. The sheep shearing machine is just sitting here waiting for me to transform it into something useful. Most of the parts will go on my firewood processor.
                  that's fair enough, those dogs need ALOT of exercise to be happy. Glad to hear they've gone to a good working home.

Comment

Great idea. I'm sure my Boss (and any employer) would love one hanging at every machine instead of guys drowning taps and drills in so much a9 and rapid tap all the time. A little bit goes a long way, but if you're not paying for it the more the merrier I guess.

New product idea?

Comment

That's gotta be the most skookum "oil can" ever! 👍

Comment

Working...
                      X