Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doozer
    replied
    I will keep my 4000 lb V-8 car and my 23 mpg.
    Safe in a crash, stable on the road,
    and cost me a fraction of what you paid for yours.
    You can keep your hockey puck car.
    Because that is what it is.

-Doozer

Leave a comment:

• The Metal Butcher
    replied
    Gotta love those first gen Insights.

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    Excellent fuel consumption considering the US gallon is tiny.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Carlstedt
    replied
    Cheapest Economy Modification that works
    Put a heavy spring under the accelerator pedal - works like magic
    Disregard the single finger salutes given by passing vehicles

Rich

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    You know it's strange --- sometimes i think all's were really looking for is a challenge because this thing immediately takes you out of the performance equation and it's not even fun thinking about it while your driving it --- but with the incredible displays of real time mileage and also real time trip mileage changing in front of you and the recharge graph when braking and the assist when taking off --- all the sudden you find yourself hypermileling and actually having a great deal of fun with it,,,

besides now i can decommission the del-sol as a daily driver and experiment with my "electro - turbo" design, another 50 or 65 hp's would sure make it a little bottle rocket and something id just take out once in awhile to still know im alive...

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    Cool. I'm not a car guy, but it seems to me once upon a time cars were heading in a good direction of prioritizing reasonable economy over power and that Insight was an interesting experiment. The NYTimes this week had an article about ecars with >1000 hp! They said a stock Honda could beat a top 1960's racecar 0-60.

It's sad, all that development going to power instead of energy economy. I've driven minivans for a couple of decades, my 1st was a 91 Caravan with 150hp, then a 2001 caravan with 180 (same 3.3L) now a 2010 Odyssey with a 3.5L 244! I'd rather have gotten 30% better mileage, I thought the power of the 91 was just fine.

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    started a topic Say hello to my little friend...

Say hello to my little friend...

Tis the car that not only threw down the gauntlet - it then kicked it at it's opponents feet and said "nah nah --- nah nah --- nah"

1 raging liter, V-tec 3cyl/hybrid, 5 speed so you don't go insane from the CVT monotone - also makes you feel like your being "useful" (can light em up for about 20 or 30 feet on take offs)

67 hp with 13 electric assist, be careful chewing gum while accelerating or you may choke on it, says it right on the visors..., ALL aluminum construction from frame to skin, 1850lbs (with AC) built in the same factory as the NSX Acura, (closest i'll ever get to that kinda fame :-(

145,000 miles on original front brake pads,,,

second pick is of the cute little roller rocker V-tec system... cam chain is just a little bigger then whats on my bicycle, Did a valve adjustment, was like working on the innards of a little hummingbird...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05350.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1907787

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05345.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1907788
Working...
X