OT Amazon charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Amazon charges

Can anyone explain to me why Amazon is showing up on my bank statements? They have charged me one cent on five occasions. I have never bought anything through them, never had a transaction of any kind. Never gave my bank info to them- what gives?
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Have you asked Amazon?

Comment

How are they charging your bank account?
      electronic transfer? Debit card? The statement should say.

Regardless, if you didn’t do the charges I suggest you go to your bank and work it out... quickly, very very quickly.

Comment

You have never used Amazon , then you have been hacked .
        Call your bank and have your cards changed, change your banking passwords.
        Beaver County Alberta Canada

Comment

Charges of 1 cent are a common method to verify a account exists and charges will be processed. IF you are sure you did not authorize Amazon in any way then you better get to the bank and get this blocked ! The next charge might be for a LOT of money !

Comment

My wife and I have both experienced something similar. A small trivial charge and then days or a week later a several hundred dollar charge. The credit card companies have always fixed it, deleted the charges, and issued a new card but its still a PITA if you have the card number registered with places you DO use.
            "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

If either Amazon or a hacker posing as Amazon can collect 1 cent from millions of accounts then that adds up to a LOT of money.
              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
                Can anyone explain to me why Amazon is showing up on my bank statements? They have charged me one cent on five occasions. I have never bought anything through them, never had a transaction of any kind. Never gave my bank info to them- what gives?
                This happened to us at work recently. Not through Amazon, but another company. Someone charged a $0.69 item to our company Visa card, then the following day they charged $3500 and $1800 buying stuff at Cabela's and Sportsman's Paradise.

The card issuer actually shut the access down and notified us of the breech. Our card rep said this was someone making a small charge or two to see if the number they had was valid before going big.
                Didn't cost us anything, but time and aggravation.
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Our bank will only pay if the credit card is correct with the CVV number in the back of the card and invoice address matching the account.
                  Helder Ferreira
                  Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by TGTool View Post
                    My wife and I have both experienced something similar. A small trivial charge and then days or a week later a several hundred dollar charge. The credit card companies have always fixed it, deleted the charges, and issued a new card but its still a PITA if you have the card number registered with places you DO use.
                    Was just going to make similar comments. Seems like the cheapo charge is a test before the larger fraudulent charge.
                    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

When fishing you always wait for a confirmed nibble or 2 before you set the hook.

Comment

Never mind the conspiracy or fraud theories, it's most often it's just a charge that stays in "pending" and is reversed (I see several per month, but they never appear on my final billing). Just Amazon or others verifying your account when you place an order. If you never use Amazon OR resellers that settle though amazon (not just "amazon) and they STAY on your billing, that a different issue. Just call the CC company or click "dispute"... simple.
                        Last edited by lakeside53; 11-01-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Lock that chit down, you have a hole.

I have never seen this unless its a credit of say .45 and .72 cents. Then they take it back. That has always been a verification thing that I approved of.

You got a hole. Lock that chit down. Easy to do now, harder to do when the account is empty. JR
                          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

SIL lost $30,000 that way and the fine print says the Credit Card Company will not pay it.
                            mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Fine print? What does it say? If it says you have 180 days to report fraud, then the SIL has to assume fault. Many CC have a $50 liability for the consumer; some $0.

Comment

Working...
                              X