OT lockdown for UK from Thursday 5th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT lockdown for UK from Thursday 5th November

I will only get one day at the museum now that lockdown has been announced for England. I will have to get used to not being able to use the machinery, my 7 x 12 at home gets very little use and does not count. Things look bad throughout Europe, even Germany is tightening things.

Originally posted by old mart View Post
    I will only get one day at the museum now that lockdown has been announced for England. I will have to get used to not being able to use the machinery, my 7 x 12 at home gets very little use and does not count. Things look bad throughout Europe, even Germany is tightening things.
    Sad.... Waht if you are the only one in the Museum shop? Still a no-Go? Bummer... Stay safe... JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I woke up in a different reality, I’m convinced somthing went catywompus with that Bloody LHC, no toilet rolls and house arrest, crazy, China has a lot to answer for, they done bust the whole worlds economy tinkering in their French built lab (authorised by mr barnier, the same as who’s negotiating the EU Brexit deal)
      will this ever straighten out
      mark

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Sad.... Waht if you are the only one in the Museum shop? Still a no-Go? Bummer... Stay safe... JR
        Just move your address to the Museum

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
          I woke up in a different reality, I’m convinced somthing went catywompus with that Bloody LHC, no toilet rolls and house arrest, crazy, China has a lot to answer for, they done bust the whole worlds economy tinkering in their French built lab (authorised by mr barnier, the same as who’s negotiating the EU Brexit deal)
          will this ever straighten out
          mark
          It will end when lockdowns get uncomfortable for those who impose them.
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I´m at home in preventive quarantine at the moment. The wife who works in a senior nursing home tested positive and now I can't go to work for at least 14 days. They will only test me next Thursday so I have to wait and see.

The strangeness about this case is that they went through the "first wave" without any infections and only days after the seniors took their flu vaccine, they started to get ill one after the other.
            Helder Ferreira
            Setubal, Portugal

Comment

What annoys me most is the government only giving a few days notice, a fortnight would have been more sensible. Some things were ordered for the museum last Wednesday by one of the guys, from ebay and he changed the shipping address to the museum. Now the short notice lockdown starts on Thursday, there is only one day when the place will be open to accept deliveries. Not much hope of getting the orders is there?

Comment

Relatives in Melbourne just coming out of lockdown and we go in. Interestingly they are still only allowed 25km radius to reduce risk of spread into farming villages. I haven't researched the figures but think their city peak was only equal to our rural minimum.
                Sensibly we are closing down just before the 5th Nov which is a partytime date but there will still be lummocks who ignore it 'cos they already bought the booze for the drunken fireworks night bonfire party.
                The warning period is also set to be as quick as possible while giving food outlets time to sell their perishable stock.

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
                  Somebody in your government must have a sense of humor, deciding to begin a lockdown on Guy Fawkes' day.

Comment

Guy fawkes night, not day, NSF, I recon thet Tuesday and Wednesday evenings will be noisey. The official announcement was made by the PM on Saturday night, thats only 4 days notice.

Comment

What annoys me most is the government only giving a few days notice, a fortnight would have been more sensible.
                      No matter how much time is allocated, there are always those who will please themselves to the interpretation of exemptions. Lockdown will never eradicate the problem cos it isn't an absolute lockdown, business and travel will still carry on.

Regards Ian.
                      You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Circlip View Post

No matter how much time is allocated, there are always those who will please themselves to the interpretation of exemptions. Lockdown will never eradicate the problem cos it isn't an absolute lockdown, business and travel will still carry on.

Regards Ian.
                        I second to that. Lockdowns and restrictions, unless they are complete to the full extent shall not eradicate or alleviate the problem, but rather cause certain sectors of the economy to suffer greatly and go out of business as a result. Some rascals always find ways to express their rebellious nature against any advice, be it good or bad. One of my friends noted that: " The COVID countermeasures tend to be just like forming rows of pissers and non pissers in the same pool" . Pretty much on point actually.

Comment

Most of the actions have been proven to work. Most of them also have large numbers of people who refuse to abide by them. And in most cases, the actions that end up being agreed to and actually done, manage to leave something essential undone. Sealing all the deck hatches, but leaving a seacock open.

If EVERYONE has to stay on lockdown, no matter what, then most get tired of lockdown. It is stupid. Lock down areas with a problem, and let the other areas go with a mask mandate. If there is a problem that starts up in an area, put the restrictions there.

What did most do? Put in restrictions everywhere, problem or not. So by the time the problems got to some areas, they were already totally unwilling to put up with any more restrictions.

Here in Missouri, it took a long time for Covid to get to the small towns and rural areas. They thought they were immune, and were not going to wear any "dang masks", or take any other precautions. Well, they found out a thing or two, and now the hospitals in the city are jammed up with people from out in those areas..

The governor here does not believe there is such a thing as Covid, despite having actually had it. (Unfortunately, he had a very mild case) So no restrictions, no mask mandate, and no getting tired of them in rural areas, .... and lots of problems now.

So much stupidity.... the grocery stores here.... they vigorously scrub the conveyor belt at the checkout stations, but they NEVER clean the things that customers actually touch, like the keypad of the payment device, or the place where customers set their wallet when paying.....

All are the same.... mix gasoline and water, and try to put out the fire with that mixture. Go figure. It's like nobody wants to actually get any real progress against this disease, they all just want to "look like" they give a damn.. And so they take actions which are very visible, but often destructive, and fail to do what would work. (And some are still saying there is no such thing as Covid, they do not help at all).
                          Last edited by J Tiers; 11-03-2020, 10:38 AM.
                          3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
                          Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

Ok, we're now actually in the lockdown, but I'd think that if the museum isn't open to the public, you don't have to travel too far to get there and there are only a few of you there, with the ability to distance yourselves, then there should be no problem in counting it as 'work' and going in.

That'd be my argument. For myself, I'm stuck redecorating the bedroom and not allowed by herself to leave the house until I've done it.
                            Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

OK yes we are in lock down, and honestly I can't argue against it. Politicians are damned if they do, and damned if they don't and I'd hate to be the one taking the decisions.

Personally I rarely go outside the farm gates, and spend time pottering in my workshop, so I reckon that I'm pretty fortunate, but it has hit me in the pocket, as our two holiday cottages on the farm have had to be closed, and bookings that we had have been cancelled.

But as I say I consider my self fortunate - imagine being in an inner city tower block with young children !

Comment

Working...
                              X