No announcement yet.

OT lockdown for UK from Thursday 5th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Zealand seems to be the ultimate model for successful Covid-19 mitigation. Strict quarantining and isolation, along with government financial support, proved very effective, and now life has returned nearly to normal. There were reports of horrific "quarantine camps", but in reality it seems these were actually nice hotel rooms where people were served good meals and provided many other amenities for a couple weeks until they could be tested negative and allowed to return to their homes.

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/new-z...s-cases-739493

https://covid19.govt.nz/travel-and-t...nd-quarantine/

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...and-next-steps
    http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
    Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
    USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
      I will have to get used to not being able to use the machinery, my 7 x 12 at home gets very little use and does not count. Things look bad throughout Europe, even Germany is tightening things.
      Hi,

So fire up that little 7x12 and give it some needed love with a simple project or two!
      If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Just an interesting observation as far as hygiene- I see so many servers carrying a plate to your table, then wiping their hands on their ass- or they use the bacterial ingredient and then wipe their hands on their ass. or use the cloth that they've used on every table, then wipe their hands on their ass. In the grocery store they adjust their mask, then touch everything you're buying, then wipe their hands on their ass. For some of them, I'd volunteer to do the ass-caress thing for them- but others there's no way-

Today I watched someone put their bare hand around the top of my take-out coffee, then put it in a tray to hand to me. I watched as my room mate licked his fingers, then open the fridge door. Yesterday I watched someone else go back to the ice cream box for a second helping, and used his own spoon.

My room mate is a greeter at a local beer store. He stocks as well, so he isn't always at the door. People come and go all day, making the door handle a breeding ground for who knows what. All my door handles get touched when he gets home. Not very safe for me-

I get mail all the time- who knows how much this has been touched- but one thing I do know is that someone has touched their ass, then handled my mail. They've blown their noses, then touched my mail (and probably wiped their hands on their ass too. I open the mail- someone has touched the paper inside, and may have sneezed on it too- then wiped their hands on their ass before stuffing it in the envelope.

I just took a bathroom break. Yes, I washed my hands after, then used the door handle, then- wiped my hands on my ass. Now as I sit in this chair, I'm thinking back about where all I've planted this delightful twin-muscled thing today-
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

So... don't eat or drink out. Lock yourself in a closet and wait it all out. There is no100% unless you totally isolate, but life is for living and has risks.

Comment

Life is for living, and has risks- for sure. I prefer to take an intelligent and informed approach to things, rather than be manipulated by mandates. I don't speak for everyone. Personally, I feel I'm as much at risk at home, but I can certainly choose to limit my exposure to others, and limit their exposure to me. I wish everyone well through this whole thing.
            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

In the dim and distant past, when Hospitals were "Safe" (Going back sixty years in GB) pre MRSI, Covid Leprosy etc., ALL handles and finger plates were made from Bronze which is superb at killing most hand transmitted infections. Those that got the powers that be to change to Stainless Steel and Aluminininum left us quite a legacy. Fillet Steak lunch induced purchases must have been (and still are) rife.

Regards Ian.
              You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

It does help if the populace heed the advise given by medical doctors. Being intelligent enough to differentiate between bullsh-t and facts helps too, but to the low IQ types, the bullsh-t usually sounds more plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by Circlip View Post
                  In the dim and distant past, when Hospitals were "Safe" (Going back sixty years in GB) pre MRSI, Covid Leprosy etc., ALL handles and finger plates were made from Bronze which is superb at killing most hand transmitted infections. Those that got the powers that be to change to Stainless Steel and Aluminininum left us quite a legacy. .........

Regards Ian.
                  This has not gone unnoticed. There is a move to return to copper-based door hardware, etc, for just that reason. Silver is pretty good also, but a tad more expensive.

3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

I'm still waiting, the area I live in, North Somerset has been declared a "tier3" which has a larger than average number of CO19 cases. So the lockdown relaxation starting on the 2nd of December does not apply to us. Unfortunately, this means that the Helicopter Museum will be staying shut, and I won't be able to play with the machinery for a while yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X