• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1604667524699.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1909041

Comment

And your wife will be sure to let you know it.

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1604667524699.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1909041
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
      You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

it probably makes a big difference in voting procedures that in the u.s. people are not officially registered at the place they live like in most other countries.

Comment

The three most important issues on UK TV (not necessarily in order of merit) Brexit, Covid 19 and the US of election. First two are getting boring, BUT not as boring as the last one. We've had three soddin days of the last one on our TVs. Only point of interest will be if whoever wins can pronounce NEW CLEAR properly.

Regards Ian
          You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Circlip View Post
            The three most important issues on UK TV (not necessarily in order of merit) Brexit, Covid 19 and the US of election. First two are getting boring, BUT not as boring as the last one. We've had three soddin days of the last one on our TVs. Only point of interest will be if whoever wins can pronounce NEW CLEAR properly.

Regards Ian
            Well, we are still waiting for you guys to pronounce Aluminum correctly.

Comment

We have postal votes in the UK, too. It's a shame there are no statistics as to the political persuasion of CO 19 deaths in the USA.
              The IUPAC standardised the spelling "aluminium" in 1990.
              I can't believe George has not stopped this thread yet.
              Last edited by old mart; 11-07-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post

prints their own ballots. /[/URL]
                They have to since the election is about dozens or even hundreds of items beside El Presidenta. maybe they should hold a separate ballot for federal items.
                The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttrack View Post

Well it's hard when you can only count to 10. The really good counters can count to 20 because they use their toes. But it still takes a long time.
                  21, think about it!
                  The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

That wouldn't work for a lady.

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
                      That wouldn't work for a lady.
                      22?
                      Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
                        Looking at the news it would appear to be a complete clusterfook, CA called immediately, others not, invigilators with binoculars, and a day of the dead ☠️ all crazy, I suppose every other country has an arsehole in charge, must be a deep law of nature there fancy math for, I’m sure you’ll get one too
                        mark
                        All the states have different rules. Ours do not allow tallying votes until the election day, regardless of them coming in early.

We have actual paper ballots, which I think is very good*. BUT, they are read by a machine as soon as you finish. Those are available right away, but there are always ones that are not clear enough to be read by the machine, and then judgement calls occur. Remember "hanging chad"? And that was a card that either had, or did not have , a portion removed to let light shine through..... which seems pretty "yes or no", but apparently was not. (We used them long ago, and they were an issue)

Ours you fill in a square with a pen, so it has to read as a dark spot, which depends on how well it was done with the pen. Some folks just mark with an "X" or otherwise fail to make it dark enough for the reader to get a clean result, and then those have to be hand checked.

* We used to have electronic machines, which I would not use. They were supposed to make a paper record of the votes for checking in case of problems, but they did it on thermal paper! I have an oven that will fix that so you cannot prove a thing............. Plus it was proven that the machines were hackable.
                        3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

Look at it this way..................

JL..............
                          Attached Files

Comment

It would seem that half the population has no idea what a problem the guy was.

Comment

Well. The party's over. Now for the REALLY crazy s**t to start.
                              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

I propose any one who starts these bull**** threads Friday afternoon when George is gone for the weekend should be banned for a few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X