Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look what I found, I can't believe this:

​​​​​​https://www.ultimationinc.com/replac...d-trolley-set/

you can get the trolly by itself for $77 + $12 shipping, hard to beat ??

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
      look what I found, I can't believe this:

​​​​​​https://www.ultimationinc.com/replac...d-trolley-set/

you can get the trolly by itself for $77 + $12 shipping, hard to beat ??
      Apparently out of Roseville Michigan.
      Seems like a good price and a nice trolley.

-Doozer

DZER

Comment

I been clicking on tgheir website, and apparently the wheels can be serviced (grease zerk), they got support parts, and the bearings are sealed
        (the pic doesnt show all that tho)

Comment

Originally posted by ezduzit View Post
          I use a patient lift that I bought used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	29520173030Invacare-Hydraulic-Manual-Patient-Lift-L.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1912041
          I also have a patient lift, rated 400 lbs capacity. I swapped a set of old Chevy SB heads for it that I had acquired for scrap metal price. I don't use it often but for those times when I do, it's skookum!

Comment

I too use a Hoyer lift (patient lift). I had two in my boatshop, now I have a smaller shop and only one. It was given to me by one of my customers. The other I paid $100 on Craigslist. They are very handy. I wouldn’t be without it now.
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

Apparently out of Roseville Michigan.
              Seems like a good price and a nice trolley.

-Doozer

I like their 2 ton model, with a 12" I beam, could probably make a bridge crane for my 2 car garage.

Comment

Don't knock thin. My doctor said, "Have you ever seen a fat guy in an old folks home?"

I have visited a few and NO, I saw no fat people in them.

As for myself, I am working on it (thin). I have lost about a pound a year over the past ten years. If I live another 70 years, I will be there.

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                I don't think I could deal with that sort of limit just yet..... I'm nearly to 70, I have been weight-lifting to build up, and am probably stronger now than since I wrestled in high school. Just horsed a new set of 60 lb batteries into the battery box out in the shed (after taking out the old ones).

I've seen way too many thin, frail old folks die too soon, and don't want to go that road if I can avoid it.
                Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 11-26-2020, 12:34 AM.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                  Don't knock thin. My doctor said, "Have you ever seen a fat guy in an old folks home?"

I have visited a few and NO, I saw no fat people in them.

As for myself, I am working on it (thin). I have lost about a pound a year over the past ten years. If I live another 70 years, I will be there.
                  Yah, well, not that kind of thin, and not that kind of fat, either.

The "thin, frail old folks" are people who are not thin, but paper-thin.... people whose arms are biggest at the joints, and whose hands show every bone... big valleys between fingers on the back of their hands. People who literally could not get up out of a chair by themselves, with not enough arm strength to push themselves up, and not enough leg strength to straighten up.

They resemble closely the pictures of WW2 era concentration camp inmates. People in that condition have not got long.

It starts with doing less "because you are older". Then, because you do less, as time goes on, you CAN do even less than that. It's "use it or lose it", and when older it is far harder to get back lost strength.

Who WANTS to be in the old folks home? The people in the homes are there because they have to be. The "fatter" ones (actually, the stronger ones) are at home still.

I was told that there are two muscle groups that are a great predictor for entering the old folks home, and early death. One is the gluteus maximus, the muscles of your butt, and the others are the ones on the front of your thigh. When those shrink, you are headed for the old folks home, you will not be physically able to remain at home.
                  3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

Working...
                  X