OT - Products for the gullible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    Most of the Edge Technology products are for the gullible.

-Doozer
    As much as I agree that it's a solution in search of a problem, I can't begrudge anybody designing, and bringing a product to market to make a living. It's not half as bad as some of the woodworking gadgets out there.......

Comment

But it's anodized red! 🤣🤣

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

How come believing a 50 cent paper mask protects from invisible pathogens is not crazy but thinking EMF and 5G is harmful is?
        Sole proprietor of Acme Buggy Whips Ltd.
        Specialty products for beating dead horses.

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post

But it's anodized red! 🤣🤣
          ......, made of Aerospace Billet and given a thorough Q.C. check by trained Technicians in white lab coats.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

......, made of Aerospace Billet and given a thorough Q.C. check by trained Technicians in white lab coats.
            Coated with a special space age polymer! Millions sold in Europe!!!!!
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Endorsed by an angry Asian guy!
              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                When I was a Lineman on a Transmission crew the odd time we would work in the substation outside the QE generating plant. The voltage from the generators was stepped up to 72, 138 and 230 KV in the substation with the 230KV being in it's own little area. I could work under the 72 and 138 KV bus bars ok but if I went under the 230KV bus bars, in just seconds I would get a mild headache. Leave and the headache disappeared too. I did some experimenting with back and forth and it would happen every time. What was perplexing was I wouldn't get a headache when I was doing hot work up a tower on the 230KV lines. The only reason for that that I could figure out was the tower lines had lower amperage on them than the bus bars did. Distance away was approximately the same for each.
                When you do hot work you are relatively close to the wire, but far from the ground. Your capacitance to ground is low, and very little induced current would go through you. The electric field, measured in volts per meter is low, mostly because there are the same volts, but many more meters (distance to earth).

If you work from a hot bucket, you are at no volts from the wire, and a long way from ground, same result.

The tower is indeed grounded, but with you working from it, it partly shields you from both the direct field from wire to tower, and the field from wire to earth.

The busbars are closer to the earth, and the volts per meter is proportionately higher. More current was passing through you, and evidently you are sensitive to that.. You might not have had the same result (nor have gotten anything done) if you were laying on the ground under the busbars, which is a bit like you being up on the tower.
                Last edited by J Tiers; 11-11-2020, 11:47 PM.
                3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

-Doozer

Hang on a Second!

I thought one of our Benefactors supplies this tool.

Ok. Lessons.

Do not Piss on yer Own Lawn. Got it. Sweet.

JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

The higher current would have produced a much stronger magnetic field, so perhaps that was causing the discomfort. There is evidence that strong magnetic fields may have some effect on blood flow, so it's possible that the headaches could be due to this effect. MRI machines may produce a much stronger field, but AFAIK it is pulses of DC current, whereas the bus bars would be AC.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/mag...nd-blood-flow/

https://www.oatext.com/electromagnet....php#gsc.tab=0
                    http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                    Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                    USA Maryland 21030

Comment

The scary thing about the website is that they seem to be doing business and actually selling this garbage. Good luck to them I suppose, but I find it a shocking reflection on the intellect of the people who believe in it.

Having said that, I have some positive earth-energy focusing crystals that I'd be willing to sell. They have been proven to be effective (although I don't happen to have the source at hand)...

Ian
                      All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

do a search for audiophool. "golden ears" over 50 can hear the improvement in sound from aluminum cones that support speaker wires so the vibration from foot traffic does not intrude into the music. gold plated $150 power outlets to improve the quality of the AC distributed over 150 miles of copper power lines.

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Hang on a Second!

Ok. Lessons.

JR
                          Dude, I piss on my own lawn all the time.
                          That's why I bought 5 acres.
                          Don't like my opinion?
                          I got a Himalayan crystal salt lamp for you.
                          You can lick it or plug it in.
                          Or both at the same time.

-Doozer
                          DZER

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Hang on a Second!

Ok. Lessons.

JR
                            Benefactor, look up the term. An advertiser, yes.
                            I'd rather see an ad for a blow-up doll or The Ronco Pocket Fisherman, than that crap.

Comment

Products for the gullible
                              This thread will just end up as a place to sneer....it adds no value and will alienate people. I could make a long list of things based on myth, superstition and the super natural. Things I might I sneer at yet people really seem to believe in , imo with no evidence or supporting observations. However it would piss off at least 1/2 the group....and to what purpose?
                              Last edited by Mcgyver; 11-12-2020, 01:36 PM.
                              in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Are you trying to say Santa's not real?

Comment

Working...
                                X