O/T: Space X Launch Im still a kid with these events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T: Space X Launch Im still a kid with these events

So It was set for today11/14/20 and seems like it got scraped due to weather.

Common for Florida, for the launch.

They scrubbed cause weather and the recovery of the rockets. I like that.

I hope Sunday is their Day.

Four very Courageous people. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

The most amazing thing I've ever seen was a SpaceX launch in California. Had just walked off the airplane on the cargo ramp and looked up at the late evening sky to see one of the rockets in the upper atmosphere. The halo off the rocket with the lighting just made for the most awesome sight I've seen, and I've seen a lot of cool things in the air, from the air. It trumped all of them.

Comment

Wow. I just watched the 3hr show on the Science ch.

Oh My God!! They got the green light and off they went......

I like that they retarded ( from Friday to Saturday) the launch due to landing. Landing of the engines. I like that. JR

P.S. I want to see the docking. Super Proud of all the Pilots on that Ship. JR
      My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I watched it live on space.com. Awesome! I liked watching the spedo and altimeter as it climbed to 20,000 km/hr in 10 minutes. The guys and gals that ride rockets to space are either fearless or crazy. Or both.
        Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

I would love to see a launch in person before I become room temp. Watching from a screen is fascinating enough, but I can only imagine how cool and impressive it would be "in real" as my kids say.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
            I would love to see a launch in person before I become room temp. Watching from a screen is fascinating enough, but I can only imagine how cool and impressive it would be "in real" as my kids say.
            Yes "in person" is a lot different. I saw a Shuttle land in person and it is really something. .
            ...lew...

Comment

Seeing "in person" is impressive, but you are quite a way away (of course). Saw an Atlas launch of a satellite at the Cape, and it was pretty cool, although from whatever distance we were away which was probably 4 miles to 5 miles way (near Titusville), you get a different view.
              3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

I watched it live on tv in the UK, about 01:30 Monday, and saw the first stage sitting back on the ship a little later. It was mentioned that NASA is putting the money saved in this type of launch towards a new larger launch vehicle.

Comment

In 1 hour they are going to show the docking onto the ISS.

Comment

ISS came over here at 17:46 this evening. I had some good Nikon binocs and could see the Dragon Capsule trailing a few miles behind.
                    Back when the Shuttle was flying you could see it with the naked eye. Not so this capsule.
                    Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                    9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

This past March my wife and I were in Florida and saw a spacecraft launch from probably 50 miles away and it was still impressive.

A few years ago we were in Arizona for the winter and I was outside in the evening. I saw a bright light in the southwestern sky and it kept getting larger. I went and got my wife so she could see this unexplained object. It probably took ten or more minutes to go from a single bright light to a halo like thing that was miles in diameter and it was a perfect circle. The next day we saw in the news that it was the Elon Musk spacecraft reentering the atmosphere. Pretty cool to see.
                      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I know one of the astronauts that flew on STS-135 (the last shuttle mission in 2011) and was on her personal guest list. We had a spectacular view of the launch and what I remember most was the incredible sound. In addition to the tremendous roar, there was a super low frequency component, not even really a sound, just this rhythmic buffeting: air and ground were both in sync at something like 2 Hz maybe? Quite an experience!

Comment

A really interesting video by everydayastronaut on Youtube SPACEX

Is SpaceX's Raptor engine the king of rocket engines?

Comment

Elon Musk, considering that he was the chief engineer at SpaceX at the beginning, is our modern day Nikola Tesla, Henry Ford, etc. Perfect example of individuals making a difference.

Comment

Working...
                            X