Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the best shop broom I've ever used.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the best shop broom I've ever used.

Some time ago there was a post about what is the best broom for a shop. Well I think I may have found a pretty good one. It's not perfect by any means as swarf still gets caught in it but far less than any other broom I've used. I have no financial gain in this as I bought it at Home Depot and it was a little spendy as I recall. I've been using it for about 6 months now and it passed the test.

It is a kitchen broom, only in yellow.
    Yes those do work very well.

-D
    DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-D
      No, standard brooms have 'split ends', which make it harder to sweep course stuff. That, with intact ends, is what I buy and is often called an 'outdoor' broom.

Comment

That broom fits your hands perfectly!

Comment

I actually think corn brooms are hard to beat. They're cheap, stiff, and swarf never sticks. Plus, if you're worried about environmental impact, natural bristles are probably kinder to a landfill than nylon bristles.

Glad you found one that works for you, though.

Comment

-D
            That's what it looks like to me. A glorified kitchen broom, Les the split ends which are horrible for stuff like swarf.
            I use a horsehair push broom in my shop it works real good, it doesn't load up with swarf and catches all the fine dust.

JL....

Comment

-D
              Do you have feral hogs in the kitchen if you use that coarse broom there?

Comment

What is the thrust on that and how high does it fly 😀
                Helder Ferreira
                Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post

Do you have feral hogs in the kitchen if you use that coarse broom there?
                  He's got 30 to 50 of them

Comment

I recently got a Nimbus 2000, and it works quite well. Alittle uncomfortable on the bum, but a nice handle, and FAST.
                    Last edited by darylbane; 11-18-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

The first shop I worked in (a gear shop) as a floor sweep the owner Mr TM Perry handed me a broom a corn broom and told me “A good Broom stands on its own “ he set it on the floor handle up and it stood there straight up
                      he was a smart man worked on the Norton bomb sight if there was a odd ball gear that no body could do he figure out a way
                      He was a man but Not above taking the time to show a kid the correct way to sweep with out raising dust And giving him a job..
                      took me two years part time and I did wear out that broom....

But there have been vast improvement in broom design since then the shop I am in now has some brooms that have been there for 10 years and close to new,!

course you have to uses em to wear them out.......they seam to fit my hands still but not not too many other and i am in the feild most of the time...

Comment

An old fashioned bristle broom works just as well for me, maybe better.

Comment

I see you sprang for the seat cushion for the mother-in-law.

She'll appreciate that!

Comment

The big long handle pan that goes with that broom is nice too.

Comment

What is that feature on one edge of the black plastic? Almost looks like a scraper but I don't see how you would us it.
                              Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

Working...
                              X