Something I’ve been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxford View Post

He can answer more correctly but there should have been no need federally to do anything. Nothing illegal about an homemade firearm as long as you are not manufacturing them. Even serial numbers don’t have to be on them but it is recommended at the very least to report it if stolen. Federally there is still some of the NFA laws you need to follow though, and if what you made falls into that you would need the tax stamp and then have a serial on it.

Most of what he had to go through was because of the BS laws in NY. Like stated above, none of what he went through is an issue or needed in other states.
    Ya,I know that much already, just was wondering given NY's bureaucracy as it applies to firearms.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post

Ya,I know that much already, just was wondering given NY's bureaucracy as it applies to firearms.
      I’m surprised he got as far as he did. I don’t know what part of NY he is in but also mentioned a CC permit which aren’t easy to get and may also have helped play a roll in getting through the red tape.

Comment

I’m in central Ny, Syracuse area, Onondaga county.
        Quite honestly, the ATF guy made no reference to my area, and never inquired about my license level or status.

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
          I’m in central Ny, Syracuse area, Onondaga county.
          Quite honestly, the ATF guy made no reference to my area, and never inquired about my license level or status.

Sid
          I was referencing what area of NY at the state level not ATF. I don’t know how exactly your area is but some of NY is pretty good ol boy/hillbilly which I am sure plays a part on how nice they want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by oxford View Post

I was referencing what area of NY at the state level not ATF. I don’t know how exactly your area is but some of NY is pretty good ol boy/hillbilly which I am sure plays a part on how nice they want to play.
            I would not classify CNY as too liberal. Meaning anti weapons.
            But, certainly not anything goes.

The point is, I had my ducks in a row, did the research, was prepared and was ultimately not doing anything illegal anyway.

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
              The point is, I had my ducks in a row, did the research, was prepared and was ultimately not doing anything illegal anyway.

Sid
              That's always the best route, due diligence has its own merit.

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
              X