X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
    The point is, I had my ducks in a row, did the research, was prepared and was ultimately not doing anything illegal anyway.

Sid
    That's always the best route, due diligence has its own merit.

Leave a comment:

• sid pileski
    replied
    Originally posted by oxford View Post

I was referencing what area of NY at the state level not ATF. I don’t know how exactly your area is but some of NY is pretty good ol boy/hillbilly which I am sure plays a part on how nice they want to play.
    I would not classify CNY as too liberal. Meaning anti weapons.
    But, certainly not anything goes.

The point is, I had my ducks in a row, did the research, was prepared and was ultimately not doing anything illegal anyway.

Sid

Leave a comment:

• oxford
    replied
    I’m in central Ny, Syracuse area, Onondaga county.
    Quite honestly, the ATF guy made no reference to my area, and never inquired about my license level or status.

Sid
    I was referencing what area of NY at the state level not ATF. I don’t know how exactly your area is but some of NY is pretty good ol boy/hillbilly which I am sure plays a part on how nice they want to play.

Leave a comment:

• sid pileski
    replied
    I’m in central Ny, Syracuse area, Onondaga county.
    Quite honestly, the ATF guy made no reference to my area, and never inquired about my license level or status.

Sid

Leave a comment:

• oxford
    replied
    Originally posted by wierdscience View Post

Ya,I know that much already, just was wondering given NY's bureaucracy as it applies to firearms.
    I’m surprised he got as far as he did. I don’t know what part of NY he is in but also mentioned a CC permit which aren’t easy to get and may also have helped play a roll in getting through the red tape.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by oxford View Post

He can answer more correctly but there should have been no need federally to do anything. Nothing illegal about an homemade firearm as long as you are not manufacturing them. Even serial numbers don’t have to be on them but it is recommended at the very least to report it if stolen. Federally there is still some of the NFA laws you need to follow though, and if what you made falls into that you would need the tax stamp and then have a serial on it.

Most of what he had to go through was because of the BS laws in NY. Like stated above, none of what he went through is an issue or needed in other states.
    Ya,I know that much already, just was wondering given NY's bureaucracy as it applies to firearms.

Leave a comment:

• sid pileski
    replied
    Originally posted by I make chips View Post

On the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1911217
    Uh..... no.

Sid

Leave a comment:

• I make chips
    replied
    50 bmg???
    On the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1911217

Leave a comment:

• sid pileski
    replied
    https://i.imgur.com/V7j2K6O.jpg

The internals

Sid

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    Apart from the total ban on pistols in the UK, every gun made here has to be proof tested and marked at a testing house. There are testing houses at London and Birmingham, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• sid pileski
    replied
    To be clear, I did not have to register it with the ATF first.

Sid

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dubeau
    replied
    Nice workmanship as always Sid. I've always been curious about the steps required in Canada to do the same (not a pistol), but never curious enough to start down the slippery slope. Would love to make a couple matched heirloom 22's for the family one day, but have no idea of the steps involved up here, or if it's even possible. Cheers, thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• oxford
    replied
    Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
    Nice work, as always!

I'm assuming you had to register it with ATF first, then go through the process for NY?
    He can answer more correctly but there should have been no need federally to do anything. Nothing illegal about an homemade firearm as long as you are not manufacturing them. Even serial numbers don’t have to be on them but it is recommended at the very least to report it if stolen. Federally there is still some of the NFA laws you need to follow though, and if what you made falls into that you would need the tax stamp and then have a serial on it.

Most of what he had to go through was because of the BS laws in NY. Like stated above, none of what he went through is an issue or needed in other states.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Nice work, as always!

I'm assuming you had to register it with ATF first, then go through the process for NY?

Leave a comment:

• sid pileski
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    Very slim.
    Kinda elegant.

-D
    Only .625 wide.

Sid

Leave a comment:

Working...
X