No announcement yet.

OT: E bay order not shipped. Now what.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: E bay order not shipped. Now what.

Need some advise on which way to go.

On Nov 15th I ordered a cheap overseas flux welder off of eBay and for a few $$ more, chose a seller that offered guaranteed delivery by Friday Nov 20th.
    It is November 21. Based on the tracking info, there is a FedEx tracking number, Shipping info was sent to FedEx, and the item never was given to FedEx.

I made arrangements to keep the similar loaner welder I have been using for a bit longer and getting one of my own is not so critical now.

Ebay offers a voucher and ensures return/refund for guaranteed delivery items not delivered on time.

Frankly as it stands my preference is to kill the order, not have it shipped, and not have to return it.

Should I reach out to the seller or initiate through E bays dispute system?

Any other things I should do?

This is a first for me in may years of buying on E bay

I would contact the seller and cancel the order.

JL.....

Comment

I would first contact the seller. Ask them to check into the shipping. Sometimes the carrier does not update information in a timely fashion. You'd look foolish if the package arrived later today and you had already filed a dispute. If the seller does not respond, then you might want to get Ebay involved.

Comment

Seeing as it is not even a day overdue i would probably give it a few days.
        yeah I know it's not what they said, but that I'd what I would do.. could send seller a note... but I would not contact ebay yet..

Comment

I recently had a similar issue with a seller. The seller didn't respond to an email through ebay. Ebay canceled the sale and refunded the money, but it did take several weeks.

Comment

It's a common tactic for a seller to create a shipping label BEFORE they even have the product. The date of a shipping label is when ebay says that an item has shipped. Don't ask, just tell the shipper that you want your money back. It they don't refund your money, create a resolution ticket with ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post
              Seeing as it is not even a day overdue i would probably give it a few days.
              yeah I know it's not what they said, but that I'd what I would do.. could send seller a note... but I would not contact ebay yet..
              Particularly these days (and especially with the US Postal service in SE Michigan), I give a few extra days. In this case, its FedEx and the tracking number indicates still waiting for item to be dropped off... Just checked the listing as if I were going to buy another. Seller lists qty 0 available. Probably out of stock before I ordered. Will ask seller to cancel.

Comment

I've seen this. An item was purchased, and apparently the shipping label was created, but it took almost a week for the item to be actually shipped, i.e. for the shipping company to generate any tracking data. At that point it was rather normal, it progressed through to delivery abut when and how I would expect.
                1601 2137 5683 1002 1437

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

Originally posted by RMinMN View Post
                  I would first contact the seller. Ask them to check into the shipping. Sometimes the carrier does not update information in a timely fashion. You'd look foolish if the package arrived later today and you had already filed a dispute. If the seller does not respond, then you might want to get Ebay involved.
                  This is happening much more often than it was even 6 months ago. I've had to change all my eBay auctions to 3 day handling time from 1 day to avoid "transaction defects" which would cause me to lose my top rated seller status. Most items weren't getting scanned until the next day or second day after they were picked up and some are being delivered without ever having been scanned.

Comment

Originally posted by DS_park View Post
                    ... Just checked the listing as if I were going to buy another. Seller lists qty 0 available. Probably out of stock before I ordered. Will ask seller to cancel.
                    How many did they have when you bought yours? Why would they show more than 0 available if you bought the last one?

Comment

Originally posted by genea View Post

How many did they have when you bought yours? Why would they show more than 0 available if you bought the last one?
                      Clarification, responses.

Search Ebay for MIG 130 for the Item in question. Its not really a mig but an AC 50-120A flux wire feed welder.

Order Placed on 11/15. Shipping number created 11/18. Info sent to FedEx 11/18.
                      That is it. No drop off scan or in transit scan. Unless FedEx neglected to scan at drop off then lost it, some scan from somewhere should have occurred.

I saved several shippers to my wish list a few days before ordering. Ordered off my wish list to the one that had guaranteed delivery date. Several days later I saw the listing on my wish list with the note out of stock (price changed too). Did I buy sellers last one? Who knows. Did Seller think they had one or two left but not really? Doesn't really matter. Needs to get straightened out. I'd understand if I got a MSG "sorry our inventory was off or the last one was dropped....." Actually I think Ebay allows sellers to cancel if they have an inventory miscalculation.

I did not due my usual due diligence looking at seller ratings on this one. Ironically none of the sellers offering the MIG 130 seem to have stellar ratings. Perhaps I'll get one through Amazon if at the end of this I still want one.

Will reach out to seller and see if they respond. (Non response was a common complaint in feedback)

Comment

contact the seller, then once the expected delivery date is missed without a response from the seller, file a claim with eBay. You'll get your money back. You won't get your welder.

Comment

Working...
                        X