Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT? Is There More Than One Thread Used On 1/2" Conduit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    Sorry, but that won't work. The new light has what appears to be a permanently attached mount with EXTERNAL threads and a matching nut. I want to extend that and standard US conduit stuff does not fit. It is close, but no cigar.

A lamp produces light.

-D
    DZER

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
      I suspect you can welcome the new Chinese Stuff Version II, the "we ain't making this your way any more, take it our way or leave it" version. Likely the threads etc are a chinese standard type.
      Well that's a bit unfair to the Chinese, as it's your local purchasing manager who choses to buy metric stuff instead of paying extra for imperial stuff. There are no Chinese standards, they're smart so they adopted the most common standards.

Comment

I suspect that China is also using European BBPT & BSPP which are not totally compatible with NPT.
        https://www.ralstoninst.com/news/sto...and-bspt-seals
        Max.

Comment

Originally posted by ikdor View Post

Well that's a bit unfair to the Chinese, as it's your local purchasing manager who choses to buy metric stuff instead of paying extra for imperial stuff. There are no Chinese standards, they're smart so they adopted the most common standards.
          So you think......

JIS metric is different in the standard threads than Swiss, and other chinese standards are also different, so this one may be as well. Them "metric standards" are great.... if'n yah don't like one of 'em, you can just choose a different one that you like better.

The purchasing agents?

I agree that purchasing agents are a species a grade or two below tsetse flies or lawyers, but my understanding is that the chinese have enough customers that the US does not get to have special items anymore, unless the quantity is truly huge. I've seen that myself even 10+ years ago.

So the agents may not be offered the choice. And, are we even sure the thread is a metric size that you, as a western european, would even recognize?
          CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by psomero View Post
            PANZERGEWINDE

Is it Panzergewinde threads AKA PG? German standard that is used on industrial automation stuff quite a bit. You'll see it on stuff from asia sometimes. Mcmaster sells taps and some random parts in PG thread.

Nomenclature is PG-#, # being the size. refs https://www.yamawa.com/Portals/0/res...f/tips-068.pdf https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzergewinde

Other guess would be rando fine thread metric with a face seal washer/oring?
            Very interesting, PG thread.
            Who knew?

-Doozer
            DZER

Comment

Working...
            X