Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T: RC (Radio Controlled) folks. A car, buggy Meld. Liquide fuel not batts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T: RC (Radio Controlled) folks. A car, buggy Meld. Liquide fuel not batts.

I have two platforms here. One electric, one gas (nitro).

The fuel car suspension really doesn't work anywhere/ Unless its an in door clean track. Even with a solid 4-wheel drive she is bat chit crazy.

You might get to use full throttle for some blips/

If you stay in the throttle she will spin.

What I want to do is takes this uncontrollable car and power train to the other one. Its an electric car. Nice buggy. I want to put the gas car drive train in the buggy.

So I dont do RC battery cars anymore. I have RC nitro that is as good as it was 20 years ago (no water) .

Whst I am looking for is the mechanics of it? Am I chasing a pipe dream? I want to put the fuel drivetrain on the buggy. The gas drive train is all wheel drive.

I want to do this/ Advice please?? JR

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cars1.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	1911830 Click image for larger version

Name:	cars2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	1911831

Well, a brushless motor with a decent LiPo battery would give you nitro performance on the buggy.
    Going back to your original idea, it would be much simpler to put the offroad suspension and wheels on your nitro car. Might have to machine some suspension arms that fit the nitro car frame but have the longer arms, maybe modify the drive axles to fit the nitro car, and make some shock towers.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
      Well, a brushless motor with a decent LiPo battery would give you nitro performance on the buggy.
      Going back to your original idea, it would be much simpler to put the offroad suspension and wheels on your nitro car. Might have to machine some suspension arms that fit the nitro car frame but have the longer arms, maybe modify the drive axles to fit the nitro car, and make some shock towers.
      Hmm. I dont think I said it right. I dont want to use batteries anymore, no matter the type.

I only asked if you had any good info, thanks.... JR

Comment

Sell both and buy a new nitro buggy.

The parts in these sort of cars is so specific as to mount points and stuff and also the drive line components that it would be nearly impossible to mix and match the parts in all this stuff without major modifications and making custom parts. Plus there's the very real risk that the engine's power and added vibration will turn the drive line parts on the off road'ish buggy into mush in a short time. So perhaps many, MANY hours to do a conversion between the two. And in the end you would have a hack of a buggy that has a good chance of eating its own liver within minutes of the beginning of the first run. And along side the resulting wreck a pile of parts not worth more than a few pennies.

Sell them both for what you can get and buy something more like you want. You'll be miles ahead of the game that way and at least then the value in the two you have will partially offset the new buggy. Also when you prang it and break any parts you just order up what you need instead of buying something only to have to modify it.

Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Anything is possible with enough time and money, but if you're end result is that you just want to drive a gas buggy, then you're better off turning both of those into cash, and buying a gas buggy.

Comment

Thanks guys. They really are not worth anything so selling is out. I was going to use the entire drive-line from the 4-wheel drive gas car. Using the buggy just for suspension.

So I didnt know if it made more sense to put the suspension from the buggy on the car chassis or the car drive-line on the buggy chassis.

Just trying to have a lil fun with it. Then I can drive it on the road in front of my house VS packing it all up and going to a "smooth" track. JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Hmm. I dont think I said it right. I dont want to use batteries anymore, no matter the type.

I only asked if you had any good info, thanks.... JR
              Did you read the second half of my post?

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

Did you read the second half of my post?
                OoopS. I musta got glazed eyes after the lipo idea

I think you are correct. Thanks for your help. JR

Comment

Working...
                X