Ragarsed for King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragarsed for King

What do you think following my recent post about the calculator.
    Martin (Ragarsed Raglin) who was just about to visit the states from here in the U K went out of his way to email me saying he was going and he would try to get me one. Then I have just had another email saying he went to a Woodcraft store ten miles from were he was staying in Detroit and bought me one and he was so impressed he bought one for himself too.What nice guy a thoroughly decent human being he is.It shows you all what I have been saying since I came onto this forum you guys are the greatest.I feel really moved by his kindness what do you guys think best regards to all and very chuffed (meaning Pleased)your pal Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Yep. I always had Ragarsed pegged as a 'good guy'. "...May his tribe increase."
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

You seem like a good spud to me too Lynnl. Its that Thrud youve got to watch out for lost all his hair in a boiler explosion .Thats what I heard and also lost all his teeth eating meatloaf. poor soul can't we have a chip in with some money for a wig and some falsers for him. dear oh dear thats me of his Christmas list again.Actually no he sent me a present this year so Thruds a top notch cookie and a crumpet magnet too. god bless us all every one.

Comment

Alistair

I had a Woodcraft catalog and even went to their store and didn't see one of those calculators. Sorry thing about getting yours this way is you won't get any of Thrud's sister's meatloaf!!!!! What a bummer maybe Thrud we send you some anyway so you don't miss out???

Congrats on getting the calculator, and what a great guy that Ragarsed is for picking you one up. I used to live near Detroit, if you communicate with him before he returns tell him to go to Greektown in Detroit and have a great meal while he's in town watching the gang violence. Whoops sorry about being not p.c. about that. I really used to love Detroit and I shouldn't kick it while it's having hard times. Sorry about that.

Peace

Comment

Tibertus sorry too late he phoned me from the states he is on his way home will be back tomorrow.
          Do you want me to give you the code numbers for the calculators the one is ten bucks more than the other but Martin said it is much better and well worth the extra that is what I heard also if you decide to get one go for the better one its about $39.99 which is a good buy as some of them go for hundreds of dollars. I am absolutely delighted but just had to let you all know what agood guy R Raglin is .
          As far as thruds sisters meatloaf,don't bother, you would need a chainsaw to slice it and then you would need to get it re/sharpened afterwards.
          He sent me a bit once and the two postmen could hardly get it up my path, and all the dogs in the neighbourhood were barking for hours.
          Other than that it was really delicious .

whisper said that quietly just in case Thrud's listening shhh trooooth is its really awful sorry thrud ouch mah teef hoort Alistair

Comment

Alistair

Thanks for the offer, I actually have two HP calculators one an HP 48GX one of the great calculators of all time. Has more power than my first computer. I was eventually going to try to get you one of the calculators if nobody else was able to help you out. After all the guys on this website really are first rate, even if they are pea soup eaters (Thrud who). I would of happily done that for you as I have been treated so very very well every time I have been to the UK and the Irish republic. People could not of been better to my wife and I and certainly helped my wife during a missunderstanding in Norhtern Ireland (I'm not taking sides, just saying a situation existed at that time and she was kept out of harms way due to the kindness of strangers).
            Sorry if I went off on a tangent there, but I really have a lot of passion for the kind, generous people of the UK whether they are protestant or chatholic.
            Peace, Long Live the King!!! (Ragarsed Raglin)

Comment

Tibertus the Irish are a kind people on top of which highly inteligent they play the bagpipes strapped between their knees. No strenuous puffin, and plenty of nice cool air waftin around the nether regions in the summer Alistair
              come to think of it that's how Thrud hoovers up the shop at night.oops sorry dave

Comment

Alistair
                I will have you know that I have a Shop Vac & Clean Stream Filter, and would not be caught dead with a Hoover 'twixt me cold, clammy fingers!

I have been told that my sister is now working on Banana Brick - I mean Bread....

Good thing for us that Bananas will soon be extinct - thanks modern greedy bastard marketers!

Comment

Guys,

I only did what I would hope someone would do for me! given the same opportunities. If I can help anyone it gives me pleasure to do so, just knowing that the help is appreciated is more than recompense.

That's the basis of this BBS isn't it ~ helping one another in pursuit of our own goals.

The last full day of my visit I went over to Ypsilanti (to visit the Willowrun air museum ~ they were closed!) and then into Ann Arbor for a few beers and some tucker at the Arbor brewery co. on E Washington. The best micro brewery in the whole of the States - now I know why Village Press is located there!!!

The only downside to the whole trip was:
                  1. Security at DTW airport broke the lock on my case ~ why the hell can't they just page someone to open the case for them?
                  2. The cold [-10F last night of my stay]
                  3. Got pulled over by the cops for 'Jetting' through a 'Michigan Left' turn ~ got let off though when he saw my licence!!

Upsides were:
                  1. Got latest copy of HSM
                  2. Restocked on Wrangler jeans [$14.85 from Wal-Mart instead of $50 in the UK!!!]
                  3. Went to Ash Gear in Novi to pick up some B&S type involute gear cutters ~ good folk to deal with.
                  4. And finally met up with some old friends out there to chew the fat most nights.

RR

Comment

So RR, you say that if I come traveling to the UK, I should bring a stock of Wrangler jeans instead of Camel cigarettes, chocolate bars and nylon stockings? My uncle tells me that they were like gold just after the big war.

Comment

Shaving maker. tell your uncle to get his facts right

chocolate is still more valuable than gold yumm yumm
                      To be serious the problem R Raglan draws your attention to is correct we live in what is commonly known as rip of Britain.
                      Where we are constantly being overcharged, even by European standards.As far as the wrangler jeans are concerned, if you brought over two large suitcases to Britain you would probably get your trip paid free.
                      A large company here( a supermarket) now taken over by Wallmart tried to overcome the wrangler price overcharging by officially bringing in container loads from the states.
                      They sold them here at half the price we normally pay and still charged twice what they cost in U S A wrangler took them to court as their own sales stopped overnight. What argument did they put up in court to defend their overpricing here.
                      They simply said that it was neccessery to charge such high prices to remind people that they were buying quality and that the undervaluing by the supermarket chain here was, (to put it in a nutshell) giving the false imression that they were selling inferior goods.
                      And guess what they won,and the supermarkets had to stop selling them and they have gone back to the old high prices. Is that crazy or what? Alistair

Comment

As I sit here typing in my Wrangler jeans, ... I mean as I sit here in my Wrangler jeans typing, the jeans I paid $15 for, I read the label and it says "Made in Mexico" ! Nothing is made here anymore! It has to be the cartage costs and profit because there is no packaging and I know the labor has to be cheap. We are thinking of traveling to the highlands this summer. I wonder what customs would think of me bringing a big bag of Wranglers?

Comment

ShavingMaker,

Stick to the Wranglers - you'll get no hassle at the Customs & Excise. Cigs will get your cases confiscated; Hershey bars don't sell too well these days; and nylon stockings will get you on the sex perverts register!! Your Uncle was right ~ about 60 years ago he could have dined and drunk for a week on a case of the aforementioned.

BTW I got stopped at your customs on the way in....made me sweat a bit as I was carrying my weeks supply of best Yorkshire loose tea; I wasn't too sure what the regulations are about tea (always been a bit of a dodgy area after an incident in Boston a few centuries ago!!), is it regarded as a plant product, food, or what?? My answer was going to be it was my herbal medicine....but they were more interested in my wash bag!

RR

Comment

Shavingmaker
                            It would depend on how big the bag was.
                            I think made in Mexico doesn't really mean inferior as long as it is still an American company over seeing the quality control side of things as oposed to Chinese inferior products rattled out for profit in order to pull the wool over the eyes of the prsopective customer who are thinking they are buying American products and American quality.
                            Although I am saying this is not always so.Many Guitars (that are American) are very popular and very valuable, but the American companies also got Mexicans to make them in Mexico. For some reason if the guitar doesn't say made in the U S A it is regarded as a copy or at least very inferior and worth a fraction of the U S A stamped ones and no one wants to collect them. Alistair

Comment

The Mexican made guitars are almost as good as the American and cost less than half. ( assuming you are talking about Fender guitars) I play an American Strat and it is a better playing and sounding guitar, but if money is a concern, the Mexican is a better value. One of my customers who could afford any guitar was playing a Mexi-strat. He said that it plays ok and nobody wants to steal it!

Comment

Working...
                              X