need instructions for Igaging sbsolute dro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need instructions for Igaging sbsolute dro

I have installed an Igaging Absolute DRO on a milling machine. The X movement does not allow me to set 0, the Y movement works correctly. The X movement just blinks, I have spent over an hour trying to find an instruction manual on line. Any advise or directs to finding an instruction sheet, other than the crap that came with the product.

I'll save Doozer the trouble......."Maybe get a real DRO?"

When I looked at them, I determined that if you consider all the specs, it comes out as accurate to a bit under 0.005". Just about 1/10 the accuracy of a real one.
    CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

I just took the batteries out, and then put them back in and it went back to working correctly. Still would like to hear from igaging owners about things that they have learned using their Igaging absolute DROs.

Comment

Mine took exception to their wires having a run next to the wires for power for the motor ( 90 volt DC). A simple rearrangement of the rats nest behind the lathe fixed the problem( Occasional reading jumping 200 thous). I know they are cheap and nasty but they certainly beat trying to read numbers on tiny dials with old eyes. Regards David Powell.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
          I'll save Doozer the trouble......."Maybe get a real DRO?"

When I looked at them, I determined that if you consider all the specs, it comes out as accurate to a bit under 0.005". Just about 1/10 the accuracy of a real one.
          I take offense to that. Ive been running the iGauging scales on my mill, hooked up to a blueDRO box, for a couple years now. Works plenty fine as a 'real" dro. Is it as accurate as glass scales? Probably not, but plenty accurate for the machine theyre on, and frankly i trust them to be more accurate than the graduations on the handwheels. Wouldnt use them on a jig bore or a toolroom mill, but they work great for a hobby shop machine.

If youre doing something that needs sub-thou tolerances, use some of the money you save to buy a dial indicator and verify critical moves with that

Comment

Did you design them?

If not, do not take offense. And, the data comes direct from the data sheets (such as they are, or were). When the various fragmentary specs are consolidated, that's what you get.

Maybe they have improved since.... the ones I looked at were 5 or 6 years ago.
            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

I am supposedly rebuilding my daughter.s model steam roller, made a new piston and piston rod and honed out a slight taper in the cylinder this morning so needed a change.
              I was always taught that dial gauges were comparators and NOT really measuring devices, but I like many others use them as measuring devices.
              Anyhow, given this thread I made a test on my Myford ML10, to compare the marks on the crossfeed dial, with a dial gauge( 12$ on sale Chinese made one from Princess Auto, Canadian cousin of Harbor Fright !) and the I gaging readout.
              The dial has 100 divisions, so I took up backlash, set dial gauge visually straight pushing against the chuck and zeroed the readout.
              The crossfeed dial and the i gaging readout agreed at every 20 thous movement up to one full turn.
              The dial gauge disagreed with them by loosing 2 thous by the first 20 thous on the dial then stayed constant 2 thous behind up to 80 thous when it was 3 thous slow, then at 100 it was only 2 thous slow again.
              I did this twice to try to remove me ( and my old eyes) from the errors and got the same variations.
              Perhaps this is not the ultimate in testing( For the last 7 yrs of my working life all that I made was checked on a CMM machine, sometimes the reports looked grim detailing lots of slight errors but I only ever had one small item rejected)., but it does show that the I gaging equipment is reasonably accurate .
              Anyway, as long as we are all having fun why worry, Regards David Powell.

Comment

Working...
              X