Utah desert monolith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Ian B;n1912715...
    The dimensions (or at least, their ratio) was 1 x 4 x 9, which is 1 squared by 2 squared by 3 squared.
    [/QUOTE]

The alien fakers missed the boat with that. Any advanced society is going to have the equivalent of 1,2,3 and understand squares of numbers. Now if the dimensional ratio was the golden mean (1.618...) (which also happens to be what the ratio of adjacent terms in the Fibonacci series approaches in the limit), they could have had many of the naysayers puzzled. Especially so if the ratio of the third side was 1/1.618 = 0.618.

Hmmm, I should make one like that and "find" it in my back yard. Could probably get lots of ufologists and the like to fund me to further investigate it.

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
    http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Ok so for those who have not done any reading.
      it roughly 10 ft high , triangular, riveted together., looks like 3 2 x 12ft plates of 1/8 stainless..
      set in a very close fitting pocket in the stone surroundings.. .
      saw cuts visible in corners , but no large gaps, any gaps were tightly filled. The fit of the plates on the cornets us not sloppy at all . And the plates have a nice finish.. like polished up after install.
      I found this at the time the flying crew posted it as news.. as a discovery... in a period of a day or two someone posted coordinates, by I think next morning first guy was there be fire dawn, got to enjoy it for near an hour, before others started showing up..
      from news item in undisclosed location , to many visitors in likev3 or 4 days..

if someone built it for fame, no think I would trust them with a secret, sounds like it was there 4 years.. someone must have seen it during , but kept their mouth shut..

Comment

Being a closet nerd, I've often hankered after having my own 1x4x9 monolith tucked away in the garden. But Marv, you are totally correct - the proportions just don't look right. I had this argument with my architect when building a house. The windows just didn't look right. I asked him about the golden ratio, he'd never heard of it!

Suggestions for dimensions for a monolith? 1 x 1.618 thick, 2.618 high doesn't seem right either...

Ian
        All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

I'd take the tale of diamond drills not being able to drill it with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian B View Post
            Being a closet nerd, I've often hankered after having my own 1x4x9 monolith tucked away in the garden. But Marv, you are totally correct - the proportions just don't look right. I had this argument with my architect when building a house. The windows just didn't look right. I asked him about the golden ratio, he'd never heard of it!

Suggestions for dimensions for a monolith? 1 x 1.618 thick, 2.618 high doesn't seem right either...

Ian
            Given dimensions:

H = height
            W = width
            T = thickness
            P = 1.618...
            p = 1/P = 0.618...

I would set it up like this...

H / W = P
            T / W = p

which simplifies to...

H * T = W^2

Of course, other constructions would work. A golden triangle or, better yet, a golden pyramid, would get the alienates all a twitter.
            Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
            http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

No graffiti?

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                No graffiti?
                The taggers save their art for the ancient Native American sacred sites.

Comment

If one can build an interstellar spaceship, you would expect better fit and finish and welded construction, rather than loose corners and pop rivets...
                  It appears to not be plumb, but it is hard to be sure from what little I have seen. There is loose dirt, so I can't tell how good the fit actually is where it is set in the rock.

Comment

Somebody got the idea from the 1950s sci-fi movie Monolith Monsters.
                    I saw something on the news tonight, I think they removed it.

JL....

Comment

The monolith in 2001 may have been made of Buckminsterfullerene, which is harder than diamond. And it was reported to be "full of stars".

Last edited by PStechPaul; 11-29-2020, 01:19 AM.
                      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Geocache?? Must look at the site if there's any listing on those coordinates
                        Helder Ferreira
                        Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Removed by persons unknown: https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/28/us/ut...rnd/index.html

Comment

Annnnnd it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Edwards View Post
                              Annnnnd it's gone.
                              All's well in the canyon country.
                              Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

It always amazes me how a cheap fabrication made from either stainless steel or aluminium and held together with pop rivets can morph into an alien artifact which defies drilling with a diamond drill. Anytime soon somebody will be prooving that astronauts never stood on the moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X