Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T: Lockheed, Martin Marietta, Linkbelt. Did some work for them. Anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Bob La Londe;n1918200& Loral [/QUOTE]

Oh Bob. Then you have to bring these guys up. . Loral

Thsts old school.. JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
      I did mention I supplied some material for Lockheed & Loral. Actually supplied material and equipment
      Before my time Mr La Londe.

Now my Dad (Died,1978) worked for Rockwell and another East Coast company. They would have used that stuff.

Thanks... JR

Comment

Just back in the 90s. I think Loral got out of the defense business in 1996, but they still exist as a communications company.

Wikipedia
        In 1996 Loral sold its defense electronics and system integration businesses to Lockheed Martin;
        *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
          Just back in the 90s. I think Loral got out of the defense business in 1996, but they still exist as a communications company.

Wikipedia
          Well, sort of. Loral was made up of a whole laundry list of companies. Lockheed bought most of Loral in 1996. The leftover pieces became the start of L3, which grew using much the same model Bernard Schwatz did. Schwarz was chairman of Loral when they sold out, he had built the company. Frank Lanza was the president, and formed L3. Schwarz kept Globalstar Communications, which was going to do a low earth orbit network - company went bust. I got to ride that roller coaster with the plant where I worked being bought by first Loral and then LM. L3 merged with Harris in 2019 - they are now something like the 9th largest defense contractor..

Comment

Originally posted by Duckfarmer27 View Post

Well, sort of. Loral was made up of a whole laundry list of companies. Lockheed bought most of Loral in 1996. The leftover pieces became the start of L3, which grew using much the same model Bernard Schwatz did. Schwarz was chairman of Loral when they sold out, he had built the company. Frank Lanza was the president, and formed L3. Schwarz kept Globalstar Communications, which was going to do a low earth orbit network - company went bust. I got to ride that roller coaster with the plant where I worked being bought by first Loral and then LM. L3 merged with Harris in 2019 - they are now something like the 9th largest defense contractor..

Love the story. Geeze!! Knee deep huh?

Loral, martin, lockheed, FMC, linkbelt, marietta, These folks pretty much got absorbed. The splinter parts not so much.

Some one said Launcher. FMC and Linkbelt would never build one, a platform.

I only worked with the paperwork with those folks 80-81. And thats all JR
            Last edited by JRouche; 12-31-2020, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X